Epic Credentialed Trainer
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Responsible for conducting end-user classroom training on the Epic system developed and created by Principal Trainers. Support the set-up of classroom training space, distribution of training materials and supplies, and management of classroom activities. Administer proficiency assessments and class evaluations, and participate in identification of improvements needed to increase the effectiveness of training. This position requires successful completion of the Epic credentialing process training program on the application(s), to include teach-back methodology, successful completion of a teaching presentation before a panel, and successful completion of a Credentialing exam.
Looking to fill positions for the following Epic modules/teams:
Ambulatory (clinic) Health Information Management Hospital Billing
Beacon (oncology) ADT (admission, discharge, transfer) Professional Billing
Willow (pharmacy) Cadence/Prelude (scheduling) Radiant (radiology)
Beaker (lab) Inpatient OrdersCupid (cardiology) OpTime (operating room) Anesthesia ASAP (emergency room)
Inpatient Clinical Documentation
- Delivers classroom instruction for assigned application(s) of Epic Program.
- Leads assigned classroom activities. Records questions and feedback as appropriate to include in future education and/or end user support sessions.
- Administers and grades end user proficiency examinations.
- Ensures classroom attendance is accurately recorded and reported for each training session.
- Reviews and modifies curriculum and lesson plans to ensure articulacy with any changes to the material.
- Ensures the readiness of training rooms, computer workstations, devices and materials for class.
- Collaborates with Learning Team members to review list of scheduled attendees prior to class to determine and prepare classroom support needs (curriculum, materials, tests, etc.).
- Works closely with IT support team as necessary.
- Assesses the effectiveness of the curriculum to identify and contribute to quality improvements.
- Consults with management and technical staff to ensure the validity and relevance of course curriculum.
- Recommends modifications to curriculum based on student feedback.
- Reviews assigned curriculum and lesson plans and recommends changes to the Instructional Designers.
- Incorporates changes to curriculum, lessons plans, and End-User proficiency testing requirements into classroom training.
- Provides Go-Live Support and serves as a training resource to assigned departments/clinics.
- Provides one-on-one and small group teaching support to End Users during Go Live stage.
- Documents and interprets common themes of End Users Go Live support needs.
- Assists with issues/questions at Go Lives and/or refers issues to Command Center.
- Attends Go Live support team meetings and presents issues as requested.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the concepts, standards and practices relating to adult learning, continuing education and educational effectiveness.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the activities associated with the design, delivery and evaluation of effective computer training programs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for delivering formal and informal training programs and evaluating their effectiveness.
- Demonstrates knowledge, at an intermediate level, of the features and functionality of Microsoft Office products and other desktop applications.
- Reviews and critiques curricula, course content/outlines, training tools, participant materials and related documentation.
- Provides effective direct technical assistance to users in the operation and use of computer applications.
- Expresses ideas and convey technical information effectively in verbal and written communication, and in group training presentations.
- Assess and translates organization/customer needs to learning objectives and devise effective training solutions.
- Keeps abreast of the literature regarding computer training and to evaluate the potential of new materials and instructional aids.
- Reads, understands, interprets and applies technical manuals and documentation.
- Incorporates adult learning principles into the planning and delivery of lesson plans and user guides for training classes.
- Demonstrates effective communication and organizational skills.
- Adapts effectively adapts to and explain changing curriculum.
- Demonstrates strong verbal communication and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport easily.
- Manages conflict in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrates effective facilitation skills and strong customer service orientation.
- Works well with diverse groups.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirement
- 2-5 years of experience in employee development and training programs in a health care facility
- 1-3 years previous Credentialed Training experience in an Epic application
- Experience delivering a combination of classroom, online, and one-on-one training
- Knowledge of IT development, implementation and training of systems Clinical and/or operational Health Care experience and knowledge is preferred
- Experience in adult education
- Personal computer
Working / Environmental Conditions:
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
- Occasionally covers varied shifts, weekends and holidays
- Occasional travel required
- Atmosphere and environment associated with an office setting
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 10 lbs.)
- Mostly sedentary work
- Occasional standing/walking
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Clinical Nurse Manager
Gerry supports the nurse practitioners and staff in the Hematology Department’s Blood & Marrow Transplant Division, providing them with the tools they need to help patients prepare for their transplant journey.
Back to top