Epic Client Systems Administrator (Epic Revenue Cycle, CSA Certifications: ESCA 101, 102, and 105)
- Duarte, CA
Thanks you for your interest. Please note the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Epic Client Systems Administrator will manage, analyze and engineer the client server and delivery infrastructure for Epic applications across the enterprise. This position will be a combination of some engineering work but mostly operational work implementing and supporting the client-server systems environment for Epic client software such as Interconnect, Hyperspace, EPS, Web BLOB, Hyperspace Web, BCA, Kuiper and other Epic Windows based applications as well as assisting other Epic 3rd party applications teams with their integration into Epic as needed. The candidate strives towards the common goal of application reliability, performance, standardization, automation and efficiency. This ECSA role is mostly focused on Epic servers and infrastructure than the Epic roles commonly associated with endpoints and devices.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Has a comprehensive view of the whole of Epic Windows applications, infrastructure and the 3rd party applications that are intimately connected including, not simply with each other within Epic, but with the other infrastructure technologies that Epic relies upon. This includes Windows OS, scripting, printing, IIS, Citrix XenApp, VMware, load balancing, firewalls, networking, storage and other technologies. It also includes some Cache knowledge.
- Be able to appreciate and also contribute to a very energetic, enthusiastic and caring team with a strong positive “do it right the first time” attitude.
- Takes ownership for new problems or tackles unsolved problems and finds solutions which result in their successful resolution.
- Participates in cross-functional efforts to resolve technical issues, chronic problems, and technology integration challenges, locally or throughout the enterprise.
- Performs methodical troubleshooting and diagnoses, and then implements solutions to assure all Epic Windows related issues are resolved.
- Develops new ideas that enhance operations and then document it whether it be for other technology teams, end users or the Service Desk teams.
- Is able to set technical priorities and solve complex technical problems. Possesses knowledge of multiple systems and business applications. Evaluates vendor products for technical soundness and economic feasibility. Technically and professionally competent, up to date in his/her field; knows the job very well.
- Prepare, install, upgrade and/or distribute Epic applications on servers and clients using Kuiper and Altiris.
- Be able to manage multiple upgrades simultaneously, either individually, or coordinating with the team.
- When possible, in areas of expertise, will lead the development of standards for the enterprise that further enhance the delivery of Epic and other applications.
- Work with technology and application teams to ensure Epic application and infrastructure changes are communicated to the necessary teams across the region or enterprise.
- Provide support after hours when needed. Participate in on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or Information Services or equivalent education/experience
- 6 years Relevant IT experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience.
- 5 years Epic Certifications (ESCA 101, 102, and 105).
Preferred education experience and skills:
- 3 years Citrix NetScaler
- 5 years Citrix XenApp
- 2 years Scripting
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top