The Enterprise Architect will work as part of the Enterprise Architecture team supporting the design, development, implementation, and use of the City of Hope Enterprise Architecture (EA).
Main Responsibilities Includes:
- Will work directly with senior executives of the enterprise to consult, coach, and advise on enterprise architecture, business alignment, EA governance, federation of architectures, information technology solutions, and the associated impact of these efforts on the organization and its stakeholders.
- Develops, maintains and coordinates enterprise architecture content and products; aligns the architecture content with strategic goals, objectives, core business functions, as well as processes, regulations, policies, and directives; and aligns City of Hope architecture content with The Open Group Enterprise Architecture (TOGAF) framework
- Will work as part of the Architecture Team to maintain and coordinate content, format and revisions. The team collects, maintains and reports on enterprise program metrics and milestones that measure business transformation progress and provides updates to the Enterprise Transition Plan
- Coordinates resolution of highly complex problems and tasks, promoting new ideas and concepts in support of operational goals and objectives; provides technical and analytical guidance; and integrates and translates complex concepts into tactical and strategic action plans
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and applies them to write visionary and transformative content for the strategic documentation of the City of Hope Office of Chief Technology Officer and supports outreach, communications and training efforts for the City of Hope EA Program Team to the stakeholders.
- Possess strong leadership skills and a proven track record for managing large and complex initiatives and delivering positive results.
- Proven ability to build and contribute to teams that are exceptionally customer-oriented, deliver business value and are well respected within the organization
- Provide strong thought leadership with the ability to create a vision and link the IT strategy with the company’s
- business strategy.
- Ability to maintain detailed project plans that include milestones, tasks, and target/actual dates of completion.
- Ability to translate and organize goals/objectives into actionable plans, projects and committed time frames, and then manage the effort, communicate status and mitigate risks and issues.
- Knowledge of project and system development methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile) and the demonstrated ability to apply and adopt methodologies to align with project needs and drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to perform effective risk planning and mitigation.
- Ability to create technical and business documentation including white papers, knowledgebase articles, system diagrams, workflow diagrams, and presentations
- Ability to accurately scope, define and estimate work effort and resource plans for assigned projects
- Experience with workflow analysis and process redesign to improve efficiency and performance
- Demonstrated experience managing (scope, forecast, and monitor) budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop metrics and reporting frameworks to measure efficiency and effectiveness, facilitate appropriate resource allocation, and increase the maturity of programs.
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions and work assignments, to be open, and motivated to learn
- Ability to multi-task and provide deliverables within fixed timelines and under pressure, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Capable of clear and sound reasoning, with a demonstrated ability to use good senses, and sound judgement in practical matters
- Understanding of systems analysis, systems architecture, and systems engineering principals such as TOGAF -The Open Group Architectural Framework, Zachman/Taxonomy, Federal Enterprise architecture, or Gartner Methodology
- Working knowledge of the principals of Systems/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated experience with fundamentals, principals, and processes related to change control for information systems
- Knowledge of testing fundamentals, the creation of test plans, and processes to ensure the identification, tracking, and remediation of bugs, errors, and defects
- Experience supporting software and hardware for business use, analyzing problems and assisting customers with issue resolution, and exercising best practices to monitor and conduct preventive and routine maintenance on business systems.
- Understanding of IT infrastructure components including desktop/server-class hardware, software, network and telephony
- Demonstrated understanding of information system security fundamentals and principals, including security protocols, encryption and access management to ensure adherence to regulatory/compliance requirements
- Working knowledge of basic analytics/statistical principles, and the ability to synthesize complex information into an easy to understand manner
- Knowledge of business workflow and associated terminologies, and the ability to document them with industry standard tools such as Visio or Powerpoint.
- Ability to work with customers and vendors to analyze problems, determine appropriate courses of action, and identify root causes and resolutions.
- Possess outstanding communication (written and verbal), listening and interpersonal skills; and be able to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a broad set of executives and constituencies.
- Proven track record of collaboration and relationship building across diverse teams in a heterogeneous environment.
- Ability to develop and enhance partnership with customers, take ownership of issues, and assist customers in navigating ITS using “warm handoffs” and other related techniques.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations, and to communicate (written and verbal) complex technical content to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work with customers to conduct detailed requirements gathering and analyze information to translate customer objectives into a detailed technical implementation plan.
- Experience mentoring, coaching and training of staff, and creating personal development plans
Requirements and Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience implementing business strategy via technology and the ability to produce technology future state vision
- Ability to track and respond to technology drivers and business drivers, evangelize or communicate the technology strategy and architecture.
- Experience evaluating technologies
- Experience establishing testing, quality assurance and deployment processes
- Ability to produce road-map or transition plan from as-is to to-be technology, establish technology gaps and capable of doing independent research to come up with best solutions.
- Must have demonstrated experience managing of data architecture, infrastructure architecture, application architecture and there standards.
- Experience establishing technical direction for the company, oversee technological aspects of business transformation and improvement
- Ability to analyze and present market information, distill new technology ideas and concepts, and identify market trends to define IT direction and specifications.
- Experience conducting end-to-end system level design and build architecturally sound solutions including overseeing all phases from inception to production ready applications
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-centric thought leadership across multiple technical disciplines and serve as a trusted advisor to decision makers
WHY CHOOSE CITY OF HOPE?
- One of only 45 comprehensive cancer centers, the highest designation bestowed by the National Cancer Institute
- Ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” in cancer by US News & World Report
- We value workplace diversity and are committed to the training and development of our employees
- We offer a comprehensive benefit and total rewards package
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. *LI-DA | *CB-DA
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top