Director, Quality & Business Optimization
Requisition #: 10746
Position Title: Director, Quality & Business Optimization
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Responsible for directing and managing quality assurance and business operations functions which includes quality assurance, business integration, process optimization and data analysis. The primary emphasis of this leader is to build a strategic framework to deliver an extraordinary patient experience. In collaboration with other leaders, responsible for developing and implementing staff/leadership standard work, training programs, and quality controls. Responsible for the development and implementation of process improvement initiatives, implementing new technology, optimizing the use of existing technology. This position, in collaboration with operational leadership and staff, is tasked to identify and implement strategies to promote interdepartmental collaboration, engage staff, improve processes, ensure consistent quality, promote operational efficiency, enhance the patient experience, and meet regulatory compliance guidelines. Drives a patient-focused culture with an emphasis on accountability and customer service.
- Accomplishes appropriate resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning work, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering timekeeping system; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Develop a culture of pride and ownership and provide opportunities for learning and growth. Ensures appropriate staffing levels throughout work week, reassess staffing levels to identify and achieves staffing optimization. Monitors and authorizes overtime when necessary. Schedule work assignments to ensure appropriate staffing coverage during regular office when scheduled and unscheduled absences occur. Provides timely decision making and direction to staff to streamline workflow, improve efficiency of operation and eliminate delays; re-assign work as needed.
- Leads by example; promotes teamwork by fostering a positive, transparent and focused working environment which achieves maximum results.
Quality and Training
- In support of functional directors, establishes a well-rounded onboarding training program across all access staff and management teams. Assesses functional unit needs, designs, develops and delivers training solutions to improve the patient experience and increase employee engagement.
- Monitors quality by establishing and monitoring thresholds and benchmarks. Provides constructive feedback to staff and senior leadership.Responsible for implementing quality control audits to monitor the quality of work and provide initial training and retraining as required to maintain performance standards.
- Establish and foster excellent customer service practices supporting the daily needs of patients, caregivers, providers and staff. Oversees effective customer service systems, communication and feedback. Serve as the second line of escalation for patient complaints and resolution.
Support functional directors in continuously assessing and streamlining processes, establishing and implementing standard work, maintaining performance boards, monitoring metrics, coordinating meetings and facilitating workgroups. Implements new technology, optimize use of systems and provide space planning project management support. Acts as a catalyst for change to meet current and future business needs. Provide subject matter and technical expertise in the design and implementation of relevant applications. Functions as authority for all decisions related to relevant system(s).
Bachelorsdegree. Experience may substitue for educational requirements.
10 years of healthcare, consulting or quality management experience.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top