Director of Enterprise Architecture
Job Title: Director of Enterprise Architecture
Requistion ID: 10776
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Enterprise Architecture (EA) has oversight for delivering business architecture, IT standards and architecture governance across the organization:
- Accountable for legacy system integration architecture and the support of program and project solution architectures
- Will define, coordinate, and manage architecture efforts for COH ITS and will work with IT peers, functional areas and other technical resources
- Will work with business executives and their teams to ensure that architectures are pragmatic and actionable
- Will require significant strategic and tactical expertise in technology, processes, and methods that take advantage of new emerging technologies.
- Advance enterprise architectures in partnership with cross-functional leaders across Infrastructure Planning & Administration, Infrastructure Engineering, Infrastructure Operations, End-user Services and Security
Report to the CTO/VP Enterprise Technologies & Infrastructure Operations
- Using Enterprise Architecture artifacts, define, create, communicate, and maintain application frameworks, blueprints, models, patterns, technologies, processes, and standards.
- IT Standards in conjunction with Enterprise Architects, the role will define, create, communicate, and maintain taxonomies, repositories, workflows, and governance processes for all IT standards including architectures, models, technologies, applications, processes, etc. Will provide support for standards review processes, waiver processes, and standard aging processes.
- Architecture Governance- define, create, communicate and maintain an architecture review and approval processes for entity and organization wide specific architectures.
- Define, create, communicate and maintain frameworks, blueprints, models, patterns, technologies, processes, and standards for legacy systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of open source technologies, and the use of open standards.2
- Ability to design and develop complex, integrated systems solutions in support of business requirements or enhancing performance of a diversified environment that includes security/HIPAA mandates, leveraging industry research and best practices
- Possess strong leadership skills and a proven track record for managing large and complex initiatives and delivering positive results.
- Proven ability to build and contribute to teams that are exceptionally customer-oriented, deliver business value and are well respected within the organization.
- Provide strong thought leadership with the ability to create a vision and link the IT strategy with the company's business strategy.
- Knowledge of project and system development methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile) and the demonstrated ability to apply and adopt methodologies to align with project needs and drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to perform effective risk planning and mitigation.
- Ability to create technical and business documentation including white papers, knowledgebase articles, system diagrams, workflow diagrams, and presentations.
- Demonstrated experience managing (scope, forecast, and monitor) budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop metrics and reporting frameworks to measure efficiency and effectiveness, facilitate appropriate resource allocation, and increase the maturity of programs.
- Ability to define, create, communicate, and maintain application frameworks, blueprints, models, patterns, technologies, processes, and standards using Enterprise Architecture artifacts.
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions and work assignments, to be open, and motivated to learn and adapt new ideas and concepts, and to work independently or as part of the team to work on multiple tasks.
- Ability to assist with developing policies to address a rapidly-changing technology environment.
- Moving functionality to the cloud (Internet-based services)
- Creating documentation, writing Knowledge Base articles, and giving presentations to senior staff on significant changes proposed and planned for implementation.
- Understanding of systems analysis, systems architecture, and systems engineering principals such as TOGAF -
- The Open Group Architectural Framework, Zachman/Taxonomy, Federal Enterprise architecture, or Gartner
- Demonstrated experience with fundamentals, principals, and processes related to change control for information systems.
- Understanding of IT infrastructure components including desktop/server-class hardware, software, network and telephony.
- Demonstrated understanding of information system security fundamentals and principals, including security protocols, encryption and access management to ensure adherence to regulatory/compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of business workflow and associated terminologies, and the ability to document them with industry standard tools such as Visio or Powerpoint.
- Ability to work with customers and vendors to analyze problems, determine appropriate courses of action, and identify root causes and resolutions.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or engineering
- Minimum of 5 years technical management experience
ABOUT CITY OF HOPE:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
WHY CHOOSE CITY OF HOPE?
- One of only 47 comprehensive cancer centers, the highest designation bestowed by the National Cancer Institute
- Ranked as one of America's Best Hospitals in cancer by US News & World Report
- We value workplace diversity and are committed to the training and development of our employees
- We offer a comprehensive benefit and total rewards package
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-DA1 | *CB-DA
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top