Director of Clinical Applications
The purpose of this position is to ensure high availability services and optimal service delivery for all clinical applications and systems:
- Works closely with clinical leadership and clinical staff in determining how technology might assist in addressing their needs
- Serves as a project director for major clinical systems initiatives
- Assures that each department’s goals are accomplished in line with strategic initiatives
- Understands how to leverage clinical applications for competitive advantages
- Works closely with Information Technology leadership to evaluate and recommend changes for equipment, software, processes and vendor relationships
- Effectively manage and support the clinical applications including systems upgrades and staff training to ensure that clinical processes are developed and applications utilized properly and to fullest functionality
- Accountable for continued improvement and optimal delivery of technology and infrastructure required to support strategic goals for these areas. This includes having a strong understanding of the customer operations and computing needs so that this role can provide support of the network infrastructure, data storage components, computer hardware, software licensing and business intelligence that support the unique operational needs of research, education, and business administration, as it concerns clinical Systems.
Main Responsibilities Includes:
- Project management – Direct, plan, design, implement and monitor all necessary activities for the successful leadership of multiple clinical system projects and initiatives
- Communication – Communicate between user management and clinical teams
- Quality and Change Management – Identify business and clinical opportunities to extend the information technology to ensure patient safety and to enhance productivity throughout the organization. Assures all projects and services are tested to meet customer requirements. Ensures teams compliance with departmental standards.
- Personnel Management – Recruit, train, motivate, evaluate and retain a staff of highly skilled information technology professionals. Create and maintain a teamwork environment conducive to productive output, successful staff advancement and a rewarding experience. Establish and enforce departmental policies, procedures and standards.
- Vendor Management – Responsible for managing vendor relationships and conformance to contracts.
- Reporting Relationships – The position directly supervises Associate EHR Analyst, EHR Analyst, Senior EHR Analyst, Project Manager, and Meaningful Use Coordinator
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline. MBA degree or equivalent preferred
- An equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education may substitute for degree
- 5-7 years information technology/project management/healthcare management experience with a minimum of three years in a management role
- Demonstrated project management skills
- At least five years of progressively responsible management
- Strong communication and presentation skill
ABOUT CITY OF HOPE:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
WHY CHOOSE CITY OF HOPE?
- One of only 45 comprehensive cancer centers, the highest designation bestowed by the National Cancer Institute
- Ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” in cancer by US News & World Report
- We value workplace diversity and are committed to the training and development of our employees
- We offer a comprehensive benefit and total rewards package
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. *LI-DA | *CB-DA
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top