Director, ITS Planning & Control
The Director, ITS Planning & Control is responsible for IT finance, human resources and performance management, and directly oversees and manages financial accounting, billing and reporting; transaction processing; and control activities across City of Hope’s Information Technology finances. The Director also has oversight for ITS procurement activities along with vendor and contract management (e.g. assisting other directors with initial contracting, contract compliance, renewals and close-outs).Key
- Lead development and oversee a robust and accurate cost accounting system for all IT services that can enable chargebacks to business units; and ensure the business units are billed back for appropriate and proportional usage of IT services.
- Lead development and oversee a detailed IT activity/effort tracking system across all IT departments and projects; ensure audit controls are established; and report to management on issues, trends, inefficiencies, productivity gaps and ad hoc requests.
- Oversee ITS annual budget process and financial reporting including reconciliation of accounts receivable and other balance sheet accounts and analysis of actual-to-budget variances. Refine the capital and operating expense budgets by department to improve forecasting of future-year needs.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of a budget (independent of ITS) for licensed systems (e.g. EHR) so that expenses are appropriately anticipated and posted to COH cost-center versus ITS.
- Oversee activities focused on supplier relationships including requirements and opportunities around costs, benefits and risks. Negotiate and manage contracts, service levels and performance targets, terms and conditions.
- Meet frequently with business users to continually refine and understand their needs andissues. Demonstrate deep knowledge of the business, its key issues and relevant ITS user needs and requirements.
- Develop detailed work plans and make adjustments to project plans as required; establish binding constraints, critical path requirements, risks and mitigations, etc.
- Oversee all operational HR services such as employee-related inquiries, time and effort reporting, resource on-boarding and document management.
- Define and execute the recruitment process, managing from initial screening through job offer.
- Establish and manage employee recognition and performance management framework, set performance levels for workforce and facilitate performance review process.
- Work closely with peers as a key member of the ITS Management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Industrial Engineering or related field required.
- 10 years of work experience encompassing IT process management including finance, human resources and project management. Experience may be gained via corporate and/or consulting.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top