Director - Infrastructure Engineering
Job Title:Director â€ Infrastructure Engineering
ABOUT CITY OF HOPE:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role is accountable to design and govern the IT infrastructure for the organization.
TheDirector, Infrastructure Engineering (IE)is responsible for the functional design and engineering of all IT infrastructure used to deliver business technology solutions. This role is accountable to govern the architectural processes that includes planning and delivery of the engineering lifecycle.
The role will advance engineered systems in partnership with cross-functional leaders across Infrastructure Planning & Administration, Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure Operations, End-user Services and Security.
- Report to the CTO/VP Enterprise Technologies & Infrastructure Operations
- Design, develop and govern the technology architecture and infrastructure engineering program
- Contribute to the development of EA governing technology principles and frameworks
- Contribute to the selection of technology standards and guide the decision-making process
- Govern the technology design and delivery of City of Hope systems
- Direct the development of the IE strategy & technology roadmap including key objectives
- Engage with COH business and cross-functional teams to coordinate and design technology solutions
- Advocate the enterprise vision and support IT strategies and roadmaps aligned to business goals
- Provide IE consultation and support to COH ITS, clinical, research and education lines of business
- Provide IT engineering leadership on COH products and technology systems
- Consult with IT project teams to align technology solutions to operational capabilities
- Facilitate IT engineering reviews and approve all technology strategies, designs and roadmaps
- Provides vision for the structure and discipline of IT infrastructure required for a growing healthcare system
- Responsible for optimizing the infrastructure budget through the use of internal and external resources
- Creates policies and procedures for system administration, software and hardware access, and identity management
- Ensures compliance with industry cyber security and architectural standards
- Responsible for the strategy and documentation of network configurations
- Responsible for large project teams
- Manages up to a $10M operational department budget
- Leads the development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Schedules and budgets maintenance and upgrades for optimum operational performance of hardware and software
- Provides strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information systems
- Facilitates communication between business and IT executive leadership to ensure that IT delivery aligns with business strategic objectives and priorities
- Participates in the identification, development and communication of new technology standards and best practices as appropriate
- Oversees contract negotiations for software and hardware licensing
- Contributes to annual planning, management, and review of budgets
- Partners with assigned vendors to build effective relationships and collaborative team environments; manage vendor contract SLAâ€™s to achieve established goals, and provides recommendations for enhancing vendor relationships
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree
- 5 years of experience
- 3 years of Healthcare experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Masterâ€™s Degree or Equivalent Experience preferred
- Experience withVblock, Nutanix, VMware, Citrix, SDN, Cisco, Microsoft and Cloud Solutions
- ITIL v3 Certification or equivalent preferred
- PMP Certification or equivalent preferred
- CISSP Certification or equivalent preferred
- CPHIMS Certification or equivalent preferred.
Skills / Abilities:
- Effective writer that can convey complex technology topics in a meaningful and concise way to non-technical executives
- Writes all emails, presentations, and papers with a high level of quality and in a concise manner that also ensures accurate spelling and grammar usage in the English language
- Comfortable speaking in front of a large audiences in a very comfortable and articulate manner.
- Participates in efforts between IT leadership and other business units
- Establishes and communicates a clear set of success criteria: team memberâ€™s performance, career development, and project performance
- Provides clear, consistent, regular communication with executive leadership, team, and project stakeholders at all levels
- Effectively collaborates with peers and executive leadership to share resources on critical projects; seeks opportunities to help others' projects by sharing and reallocating team members' priorities and assignments
- Manages a positive, collaborative team environment that encourages support and success
- Oversees the development of skills and performance of team members to encourage innovation, growth, and loyalty to the company
- Practices â€œManagement by Wandering Around;â€? takes the opportunity to get to know staff in â€œinformal/impromptuâ€? settings
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.LI-DA | CB-DA ~dice~
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top