Director Enterprise Transformation & Effectiveness
Requisition ID: 10172
Job Title: Director Enterprise Transformation & Effectiveness
Reporting to the Chief Transformation Officer will have involvement in, and drive connectivity and visibility across complex projects related to one or more of the strategic objectives across the enterprise.
The Director, Enterprise Transformation and Effectiveness will:
- Create and maintain ongoing Transformation Office workplan
- Project manage Transformation Office initiatives
- Provide management structure and processes for enterprise leadership committees, including coordination across committees to ensure alignment and effective execution and outcomes.
- Serve as Transformation Office representative at certain meetings relating to enterprise initiatives
- Coordinate and staffTransformation Office leadership meetings, creating and managing agendas and managing follow up actions, as needed
- Provides complex, diversified, confidential and highly strategic and integrated expertise and counsel for the most senior enterprise governance bodies
- Draft and prepare materials for leadership and other internal and external meetings, and Board and Board Committee meetings, as needed
- Conduct research, collect, analyze, and prepare data and prepare presentations, documents, and reports in support Transformation Office agenda.
- Manageproject changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- This role is responsible for handling matters of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment.
- The ideal candidate must be able to dive deep and simplify, deliver results quickly, and have a strong bias for action.
The role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and analytical skills. This person anticipates needs and demands and works to provide thoughtful, innovative and sound solutions. The incumbent is expected to demonstrate a versatile and adaptable skill set and must be able to shift easily to new assignments, to learn new skills, build new professional relationships, and navigate new environments. Position and assignments require visioning, strategic thinking and execution, considerable judgment, tact, creativity & initiative to advance work product. This position requires a hands-on, self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-moving, dynamic environment within a complex and evolving industry.
Strategic Transformation Alignment and Integration
- In partnership with CTO
- Establish vision and strategic direction for enterprise alignmentof leadership committees
- Align work efforts in collaboration with CHRO to ensure efficient execution incorporating (but not limited to) change management
- Facilitate the architecture, governance, strategic direction and execution of CEO Council and Enterprise Leadership Team and other executive leadership bodies to accelerate the transition to an integrated enterprise
- Develop and implement a toolkit inclusive of standardized tools, goals, requirements.
- Responsible for meeting logistics, compilation and timely distribution of meeting materials, including preparation of agendas, accurate meeting minutes, action item follow up and other required documents; ongoing maintenance of structure
- Develop and present recommendations for efforts and improvements lending to increased efficiency and standardized operations for developed structures.Develop and assure accomplishment of goals and deliver outcomes through shared accountability across the new leadership committees.
- Engage with committee leadership to ensure meeting performance is on target with transformation alignment plan. .
- Identify and bring forward challenges and barriers to committee alignment success.Revise strategy, best practices and standards in accordance with learnings.
- Produce committee alignment/operations summary reports.Partner with persons staffing other leadership committees to ensure enterprise connectedness and alignment.
- Provide integration across functions, delivering institutional perspective in support of setting and executing priorities for leadership committees.
- May have responsibilities for the recruitment, training, utilization, development and performance of staff.
Transformation Office Leadership
- Lead the engagement and partnership with cross functional constituents, as applicable, to ensure relevant input to committed governance.
- Cultivate strong, positive and collaborative relationships with leadership and staff at all levels to ensure credibility and buy-in for leadership committees and structure, and drive transformation processes that sustain organizational goals and change
- Facilitate or provide support and guidance to leaders who facilitate multi-disciplinary committees
- Develop and present key materials to senior executives
- Exercise independent judgment, make critical decisions and takes action as directed
- Participates in appropriate meetings and oversees the coordination of tasks and work across appropriate groups or individuals. Monitors and communicates progress and outcome of efforts.
- Oversees the organization of the Transformation Leadership team and People and Enterprise Transformation meetings and retreats: collects and plans agenda items, schedules regular meetings, oversees preparation and distribution of minutes, and follow-up on commitments.
Strategic Partner/Consultant to Leadership
- Support the enterprise committee's structure in support of an integrated enterprise.
- Play a critical role in analyzing internal committees and governing processes, evaluating and recommending committee design opportunities, formulating actionable improvements, leading collaborative efforts across the enterprise.
- Advisor to key enterprise leaders as needed to support leadership committees and as requested on matters requiring cross-functional implementation and execution
- Serves as a conduit of general information between the CTO and Transformation Office and others as needed.
- Meet regularly with CTO to debrief on critical initiatives and collaborate to confirm directional approach and vision
- Develop a deep understanding of City of Hope core businesses and establish processes/programs to advance goal attainment. Compile special reports, ad hoc presentations and communications for internal and external stakeholders
- Researches and fulfills information requests from internal and external business contacts.
- Researches, compiles, summarizes and analyzes information and data as needed. Researches and fulfills information requests from internal and external business contacts.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Master's degree required
- 10+ years' experience with C-level executives, hospital operations, strategy, project management and/or related experience
- 5+ years of experience leading senior level teams, developing/implementing team management methodologies, and standardized approaches to execute and carry out enterprise initiatives
- Lean or six sigma and change management certification
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Preferably MHA, MPH, MBA or other related degree
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- LI-SB | *CB-SB
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top