Director, City Of Hope Medical Foundation Administration
This position provides professional level support, thought partnership and consultation to the Chief Executive, COHMF. The person selected for this role is responsible for the cross-functional organization of all business units reporting to the CE, to include Finance, Business Development, International and operational initiatives.
The position defines and frames complex issues and recommends/develops schedules and/or processes for decision-making. It organizes and implements special project assignments, with a focus on translating needs, issues and ideas into action plans. It also researches key market trends, business issues, directs the collecting and analyzing of quantitative and qualitative data, synthesizes analyses, identifies key findings and is responsible for presenting the conclusions at a senior level such that the final product can be utilized in executive team and board of director meetings. The position works closely with senior leadership and key stakeholders of the Medical Foundation, Managed Care, Business Development and Center for International Medicine.
Key Responsibilities include:
Oversee and facilitate the Office of the Chief Executive, COHMF
- Responsible for the cross-functional coordination of business units reporting to CE.
- Monitors team assignments and ongoing work to ensure timely and appropriate action.
- Collaborates with the Executive Assistant within the office of the CE.
- Advises and contributes in structuring identified and unidentified issues for resolution.
- Recommend courses of action related to identified issues.
- Manages all status reports associated with the Strategic Priority Initiative’s (SPI’s) rolling to the CE.
- Handles the creation of board decks across the Office for all committees and boards.
Information and Communication Management
- Acts as a key communication liaison between the office of the CE, his/her direct reports, internal partners and external clients as appropriate.
Promotes the timely flow of information to and from the CE.
- Manages work of outside consultants when needed.
Prepares and delivers reports with analysis, recommendations and action plans
- Researches, organizes and summarizes data for special projects.
- Analyzes data for trends or conclusions and presents results and recommendations with subsequent action plans as necessary.
Supports leadership within the Office of the CE on the implementation of key institutional strategic projects and programs
Process development and implementation
- Leads special projects on behalf of the CE’s projects and programs.
- Defines objective, scope, key steps and timing.
- Plans, designs, develops, schedules and organizes people/resources to meet project objectives based on proposed activities and timelines.
- Monitors the progress of work performed.
- Works with key stakeholders.
- Prepares status reports on project plans, progress and results of activities.
- Leads implementation, as assigned.
- Designs and develops systems, processes, and communications to enable senior and executive management to meet the mission and strategic priorities of the enterprise.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care Administration, Operations Research, Public Health Administration, or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in healthcare administration, health care consulting, or a combination of these experiences in health care or a related field, preferably in a highly complex, matrixed organization such as an academic medical center, medical school teaching hospital or research university. Additional advanced education may substitute for minimum experience requirements.
- Proficient in team building, conflict resolution, group interaction, project management, and cost effective project and budget management
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals and manage others through influence and collaboration
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with all levels of professional, technical and administrative staff and to integrate resources on a timely and organized basis
- Excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management, change management, and group process
- Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Sound management skills, ability to think strategically while balancing several complex agendas.
Relocation assistance may apply for this opportunity.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.#LI-RA
Back to top