Director, Business Transaction Services & Analytics (M&A)
Requisition ID : 9903
Job Title: Director, Business Transaction Services & Analytics (M&A)
The Director will oversee analytical and market-related assessments related to City of Hope's key strategic growth initiatives flowing through the Business Development Office including transaction assessment, financial due diligence, valuation management, modeling, forecasting, analysis and interpretation of financial, market data and industry trends. The purpose of this position is to provide financial, market and analytical leadership across business development, expansion-related growth initiatives, M&A and transactions.
This position requires superior analytical, financial, deal, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.The incumbent must be innovative, independent and creative in designing, developing, and monitoring business development/ due diligence-related financial systems and growth programs. Requires strong microcomputer modeling skills, ability to query, download, and manipulate financial and statistical information from computer systems.The position requires leadership as well as detailed analytical skills including a willingness to do the analytical work. Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with executives, and other key customers as well as focused attention on deliverables. In addition, the position requires an incumbent who employs tact and discretion and is motivated, self-directed, confident and a self-starter.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Accountable for due diligence and assessments, financial and business plans related to business development, strategic growth and M&A projects and analyses (ie. Business Development, growth, ASC, etc.)
- Analyze industry dynamics and the competitive landscape
- Research, analysis and valuation of new business opportunities (i.e. potential acquisitions, partnerships, investments, licensing, and other strategic growth opportunities)
- Lead transaction due diligence including financial analytics/ assessment/pro forma/ compensation recommendations, etc.
- Works directly alongside external advisors to coordinate all financial related analysis needed in conjunction with M&A; strategic growth related projects if needed including diligence, valuation and modeling.
- Develops recommendations based on analysis of data. Manages the development of complex, strategic data analysis through integration of data from a variety of internal and external information sources.
- Performs follow-up on results of financial planning recommendations.
- Analyzes and synthesizes available information to assist in decision-making.
- Uses fully integrated databases for complex planning analyses of healthcare-related services.
- Provides interface among information systems, finance, clinical systems and executive management to access operational information and provide meaningful analytical information to assess and improve organizational performance. Provides consultation on how to collect or find raw data that can be transformed into meaningful information.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Creates all deliverables related to analysis in an execute and board-ready format
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Must have at least 7 years of financial/analytical experience in a healthcare setting with a large healthcare facility, consulting firm or multi-system healthcare facility with a high level of complexity.
- Must have experience in providing analytic support and maintaining cost-effective and long-term financial viability of health care operations.
- Must have prior experience in demonstrating effective communication skills and interpersonal relation skills.
- Must have prior experience developing and managing staff in the current competitive health care environment.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to independently communicate and present at the executive level delivering a comprehensive demonstration of the understanding of healthcare finance and healthcare industry trends; hospital financial management information systems as well as management/supervisory principles.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise sound judgment; the ability to use tact and diplomacy in order to maintain effective working relationships within the department as well as with the institutional department staff, directors, administrators, and the general public.
- Requires superior analytical, leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Innovative and creative in designing, developing, and monitoring financial systems and programs.
- Requires strong microcomputer modeling skills, ability to query, download, and manipulate financial and statistical information from computer systems.
- Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with executives, and other key customers.
- Master's Degree
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top