Coordinator, Nursing Research
This position provides administrative support to the Director and/or Research Scientist in planning, coordinating, and implementing all phases of identified long-term projects. Prepares project evaluation instruments, collects and compiles evaluations, assists in evaluating responses, and prepares summary reports. Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Researches, gathers, organize, and summarize a wide variety of data (including confidential information) for research projects. Researches internet sites and professional journals for information and articles related to the project.
- Assists in preparing project evaluation instruments, collect and compiles evaluations, assists in evaluating responses, and prepares summary reports.
- Communicates routinely with steering committee members, advisory groups and outside consultants to track status of project. Develops tracking system for ongoing status of project.
- Prepares and distributes written status reports on project plans, progress, and results of activities.
- Establishes and maintains files and records for project.
- Functions as liaison between steering members, outside consultants, and other City of Hope departments to assure free flowing communication and implementation of assigned tasks.
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings including preparing agendas, gathering and organizing supporting information, and overseeing production and distribution of project documentation and related materials.
- Attends steering committee, sub-committee and department director meeting. Records, summarizes, produces and distributes minutes. Disseminates information as requested.
- Compose letters and memoranda from dictation, verbal direction or from knowledge of project. Drafts correspondence for researchers. Takes and transcribes dictation of a complex nature.
- Prepares reports for sponsor from project data.
- Develops and maintains internet website for the project and coordinates information input.
- Some travel may be required.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree and three years office experience or experience in a professional environment. Experience during College/University education may substitute for minimum office experience required.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Word, required. Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, FrontPage & Publisher is preferred.
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to schedule meetings.
- Ability to compose correspondence and proposals.
- Ability to prepare reports, including manuscripts.
- Ability to perform literature searches.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top