Contact Center Representative II
Performs necessary duties in relaying incoming and outgoing telephone calls, and in facilitating internal communication within the Medical Center and it community practices. Responds to calls from a variety a medical departments and COH calls centers from existing patients inquiring about their care and treatment at City of Hope as well as from prospective patients inquiring about COH services. Answers telephone calls, determines appropriateness of referral, screens, and refers as appropriate. Identifies crisis situations, elicits key information, and refers accordingly. Collects relevant caller data accurately and quickly during the telephone conversation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Screens telephone calls appropriately and expeditiously; assists the caller towards problem resolution. Identifies patients in crisis with urgent clinical needs and refers appropriately.
- Determines appropriateness of referral for City of Hope services using established Medical Center criteria.
- Provides personalized, empathic customer care of the highest level to ensure the caller’s needs are met in a timely fashion with minimal call transfers.
- Requires Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with individuals of multiple cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Initiates processing of concerns consisting of complaints, requests for assistance, suggestions, and appreciations received from COH patients and callers regarding medical care using specific COH call center protocols.
- Maintains department records, reports, and files, and online databases as required.
- Creates and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation.
- Assures workspace is neat and orderly, with work filed under correct categories enabling easy transition for others covering the workspace.
- High School or equivalent.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Customer Service in a Call/Contact Center.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top