Compensation & HR Systems Admin
Requisition ID: 8469
Job Title: Compensation & HR Systems Administrator
About City of Hope:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Responsible for ad-hoc and scheduled projects including compensation market analyses, implementation of annual merit programs and implementation of negotiated pay adjustments. Manages salary survey requests. Responsible for updating compensation changes, maintaining tables and running periodic reports and queries in PeopleSoft. Researches and responds to internal and external requests for compensation related information and resource materials. Responsible for updating and maintaining electronic job description repository. Leads on-going internal administration of MarketPay database and Cornerstone PDRP.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responds to requests for salary survey data and completes survey questionnaires. Independently matches survey positions to corporation positions. Compiles and formats data according to survey questionnaire instructions.Adheres to deadlines. Solicits information from internal departments as necessary.
- Researches and summarizes data from internal and external survey sources, HR databases, job description files and other sources.Researches and responds to routine and non-routine questions related to compensation surveys, job evaluation requests, job descriptions, performance appraisals and merit processes. Generates and distributes materials as required.
- Compiles market data for annual salary review process and market prices new and existing positions, as needed. Analyzes and recommends appropriate salary ranges and/or adjustments.Provides administration on scheduled projects including union negotiations and administers union and non-union annual merit processes.Maintains departmental reports and records and collects statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes. Utilizes database and spreadsheet applications to generate special and pre-programmed reports.
- Operate as key partner to Organizational Development and IT for performance management system administration (Cornerstone PDRP) and functionality in order to administer and optimize performance management processes.Design, maintain and configure performance management and compensation system, and all related integrations to meet business requirements.Manage business requests end to end; including prioritization, requirements gathering, system testing, managing end user acceptance testing, end user documentation, project planning and case tracking to manage time, report progress, create timelines and close issues effectively.
- Leads the ongoing external administration of MarketPay and Cornerstone databases.Creation, troubleshooting, maintenance and organization of reports and interfaces.Execute system interfaces, upgrades, performance enhancements and user experience improvements.Maintain vendor relationships and ensure service level agreements are upheld.Manage quarterly updates and releases from Cornerstone and effectively inform end users of potential interruptions.Serve as the subject matter expert and escalation point on system administration and functionality.
- Develop systems training materials for users and new integration processes between Cornerstone PDRP and PeopleSoft.Develop and maintain system administration and end user guides and other system related training materials. Train new users in Human Resources and other departments on the HR applications of the Cornerstone Database.
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance and distribution of reports related to Compensation (process & program metrics).Runs and formats periodic reports and queries from HRIS system.Generate and create customized HRIS queries related to Compensation that provide accurate and timely information to staff.Maintains compensation related tables in HRIS system. Thoroughly and accurately enters, and audits data.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Two years of administration in human resources, compensation, HRIS or related field.
- High proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Demonstrated experience coordinating multiple projects in high-volume department
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- Presentation software
Back to top