Clinical Research Data & Report Analyst
Requisition ID: 10194
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Clinical Research Data & Report Analyst
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
Working under the direction of a faculty statistician, and in coordination with protocol-specific research teams, the analyst reads clinical protocols to understand data requirements for scientific aims, writes and runs computer programs to monitor data quality and timely data collection, sends data queries to clinical research coordinators and other clinical trials personnel, produces reports of data consistency and timeliness, and coordinates and schedules reports.
- Collaborates with statisticians to determine endpoints for review for data inconsistencies or lagging data in the clinical trials database.
- Programs queries listing important data inconsistencies and lagging data.
- Writes reports to send to clinical research coordinators that present the data inconsistencies and lagging data.
- Works with the clinic research coordinators to get the data queries resolved.
- Develops, establishes schedules, and monitors status of the clinical trials protocol endpoints on an ongoing basis.
- Will, over time, assume responsibility for monitoring data quality in a portfolio of protocols.
- Collaborates with Biostatistics Core staff in the development and improvement of computer programs and oversees implementation of data entry, data quality, and reporting facilities.
- Collaborates in database design and management for protocols as assigned.
- Maintains Division records, reports, and files as required.
- Documents computer programs and electronic databases.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending meetings, and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably inhealth information sciences,health information systems, statistics or a closely related field.
- Three to five (3-5) years clinical trials experience, required.
- Programming skills in either SQL, R or SAS, required.
- Experience as a clinical research data manager, a plus.
- Experience with graphics, spreadsheet and word-processing software in a windows environment, required.
- Prefer coursework in Health Information Systems, computer science, statistics.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top