Clinical Research Associate I
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Manages an assigned set of multiple research protocols to assure efficiency and regulatory compliance of the protocol, attending clinic as needed, with mentorship by experienced staff. Responsible for compilation, registration and submission of data. Maintains a system for effective data flow associated with research protocols.
- Conducts protocol management for an assigned set of multiple research protocols.
- Maintains current and accurate protocol documentation; notifies investigators of pertinent protocol changes.
- Maintains and completes regulatory documents for IRB, DSMB, and PRMC/CPRMC
- Compiles and submits data on appropriate forms according to protocol requirements.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information
- Collects and delivers specimens for analysis, using appropriate or specified equipment for collecting and handling specimens; ensures proper labeling and obtains pertinent clinical and protocol information on request forms; develops and maintains knowledge of various aspects of processing specimens, paying particular attention to safety practices.
- Works on special data management projects as assigned.
- Works with physician or nurse to see that protocol related tests and evaluations are ordered per protocol guidelines.
- Plays active role in recruitment of patients to study.
- Performs protocol specific duties as required per the research study.
- Works with supervisor to ensure performance of appropriate levels of quality.
- Process specimens that need to be shipped for analysis
- Identifies and communicates important protocol and data management issues or problem areas to supervisor.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Ensures work environment is organized and functions efficiently.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Provides staff relief as required to meet the needs of the department.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Associate's Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- One year experience working in a health care setting, preferably in research
- Medical Terminology. Writing skills.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Medical Record, Health Information Systems, clinical trials exposure or related health field
- Read, identify and extract pertinent data from medical record
- Ability to read, write and comprehend medical terminology
- Foster/promote a positive image and professional appearance
- Sensitivity to intercultural relations
- Access data in computer data bases
- Compile data
- Proofread documents
- Research information
- Troubleshoot problems
- Use computer packages
- Use word-processing software
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent reading comprehension.
- A2K, preferred
- CareNet, preferred
- Epic, preferred
- Excel, preferred
- Internet, preferred
- Oacis, preferred
- Windows, preferred
- Word-processing, required
- Computer peripheral equipment
- Personal computer
- Lab Coat or Apron
- If responsible for specimen handling:
- Eye Protection/Goggles
- Face Protection
- Non-Sterile Medical Gloves
- Sterile Medical Gloves
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top