Clinical Pharmacist I
Requisition ID: 9687
Job Title: Clinical Pharmacist I
Schedule: Full Time | Nights
Location: Medical Center - Duarte, CA.
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
The pharmacist is a licensed professional individual with supervision experience, who is responsible for assisting the director and managers in the operational aspects of a department or unit on a 7-day/week, 24 hour basis. This individual actively works to ensure optimal delivery of pharmaceutical care and service, as well as, assisting in performance improvement initiatives, either through direct involvement and membership or by occasionally leading PI team efforts. He or she participates in the supervision of human and material resources, as well as, program planning, and evaluation. He/she provides input into and is expected to meet budget, revenue and expense targets. This position supervises employees, assigns work, coaches, trains, and evaluates performance. It is expected that the individual who holds this position is able to actively participate with peers, subordinates, and supervisors in constructive problem solving, as well as, to facilitate frequent team building interactions with staff.
- Ensures that he or she provides services that are accurate, reliable, courteous and timely.
- Promotes the delivery of quality care consistent with the scope of practice of the discipline.Supports the efforts of all care providers to deliver quality care.
- Demonstrates competence appropriate to their role and function in age-specific care.
- Provides and promotes professional practice standards through education and teaching.
- Supports care for a defined group of patients using effective delegation, supervision and decision-making skills.
- Adhere to all professional and regulatory standards.
- Promotes collaboration and teamwork among all members of the healthcare team.
- Effectively communicates/educates all customers to meet organizational goals and customer service expectations.
- Maintains current knowledge, skills and competencies through involvement in professional continuing education activities.
- Effectively and efficiently uses resources.
- Fosters involvement in performance improvement activities to promote continuous improvement in care delivery.
- Demonstrates assimilation of core organizational values within own performance.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS Pharmacy Degree, Pharm D preferred. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Two years experience, preferred
- Oncology Experience
- Current CA Pharmacist License. CPR certification or receive one within 3 months of hire date.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top