Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) - Medical Technologist
Performs cryopreservation procedures used to store Stem Cell products used for patient transplantation. Performs thawing procedures used for Stem Cell infusion. Performs all procedures in compliance with written SOPs and FACT, AABB and FDA regulations.
- Performs stem cell processing, cryopreservation and reinfusion procedures in compliance with written SOPs and regulatory requirements.
- Utilizes standard laboratory equipment and records and checks results for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintains the theoretical and procedural knowledge necessary to perform and interpret assigned procedures performed within the Laboratory.
- Participates in quality assurance program, performs competency testing when assigned by the Supervisor.
- Calculates product counts and reviews for accuracy and completeness before reporting.
- Takes call on weekend and as needed to provide coverage for the department.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- One year related experience, preferred.
- MT(ASCP) or California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License (CLS).
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top