Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) - Medical Technologist
Performs a full range of moderate and high complexity Blood Bank Laboratory procedures, necessitating knowledge of techniques, theory and applicable instrumentation Performs all procedures in compliance with written SOPs and FACT, AABB, CAP and FDA regulations. . Assists in teaching students and staff .
- Performs routine and special tests in compliance with written procedures.
- Performs a variety of complex laboratory tests and procedures according to prescribed protocols and assigned schedules. Completes procedures within established turnaround times .
- Performs quality control procedures including preventive maintenance and calibrations, and records data on appropriate forms .
- Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality .
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Minimum Experience: One year previous hospital transfusion service, preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license, required.
MT(ASCP) or equivalent national certification preferred.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. #LI-AH
Back to top