Clinical and Research Education Coordinator
This role serves as staff person supporting the development, implementation and tracking of clinical and research education activities at City of Hope National Medical Center and Beckman Research Institute. The Clinical and Research Education Coordinator will facilitate the coordination of courses across the campus and the development of new courses and programs as well as serve as a registrar, create and maintain databases and perform institutional educational research. We are looking for a candidate that can be the functional expert for scholar records related processes involved in the registrar systems and provide knowledge for systems requirements, and documentation. This role will also work closely with several technical and service-oriented offices on campus to provide expertise, education, and excellent service to scholars and users.
- Document extant programs and courses (including content). Identify duplications in course content, if any. Prepare and present reports of findings. Serves as liaison with relevant committees/task forces, ensuring follow up as necessary. Assist in developing policy manual.
- Assist with the database development, new education courses and programs. Work with course coordinators and faculty to assure that curricula content and assignments are created and assigned before course implementation. Coordinate individual lectures with instructors. Facilitate the transfer of course content to web-based versions for ease of use by trainees.
- Perform education research (e.g., data collection and analyses, evaluations, trainee performance and satisfaction, track trainees during training, record completion of program requirements; generate certificates of completion/transcripts, etc).
- Assure ongoing education and communication with faculty and trainees on issues of importance to their responsibilities. Serve as problem solver and facilitator with and among course leaders and instructors.
- Assist with web-site development and maintenance regarding education. Perform additional duties as necessary for the development and implementation of training programs, their coordination, and education.
- Perform administrative duties as needed.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars and workshops as appropriate.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years working in an educational environment. Experience in education research or clinical research environment. Previous experience as a coordinator strongly desired.
- Experience with research publications is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with student data processing, analysis and design, and web-based learning management and delivery systems.
- Demonstrated and anticipated ability to work closely with scholars and investigators in a coordinating, mentoring, and a training role.
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills.
- Write, edit, and proofread documents, data entry and retrieval, conduct library and computer research, compile data, troubleshoot problems, analyze situations and make recommendations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Database, Oracle Campus Solutions, Blackboard Learn.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top