Cancer Resource Cosmetologist
Works closely with and assists patients in coping with and minimizing the appearance-related side effects of surgery and cancer treatment. Provides compassionate, individualized, and sensitive care to patients and families. Oversees daily operations of service and retail business. Provides referrals to the Department of Supportive Care Medicine / Biller Patient and Family Resource Center team for services. Builds and maintains relationships with City of Hope staff and community organizations.
The Department of Supportive Care Medicine and the Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center utilize a staff leadership model, and every employee is expected to take a leadership role in the department, including active involvement on a Biller Resource Center Work Team. Actively participate in marketing, educational and group programs, program development and fundraising efforts, and outreach to patients, families, other City of Hope departments and the community.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides direct patient care, working closely with and assisting patients in coping with and minimizing the appearance-related side effects of surgery and cancer treatment.
- Oversees and coordinates daily operations of retail business including, but not limited to: maintaining and expanding inventory; building vendor relationships; patient encounters database; negotiating pricing; accounting; opening and closing; marketing of products and services; and professional, creative maintenance of store aesthetics/inventory display.
- Participation in the Department of Supportive Care Medicine’s work team, retreat planning, and other Department-related initiatives.
- Oversees training, orientation, and supervision of Positive Image Center volunteers.
- High school or equivalent.
- Position requires strong exercise of customer service experience / skills.
- Cosmetology license required.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top