Biostatistician II - Computational and Quantitative Medicine Biostatistics
- Duarte, CA
Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Works with faculty biostatistician as protocol statistician. Builds datasets and write reports for clinical protocols, using literate programming and repeatable research tools, such as Sweave, knitr and latex/MiKTeX in RStudio. Has experience with the R packages for graphics (e.g. ggplot2 and lattice). We envision swift production of analysis datasets and reports for a sequence of protocols, where the datasets vary around a general template but require customization in light of the protocol aims.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Builds a set of standard datasets for a portfolio of clinical trials.
- Independently programs statistical analyses using literate programming and repeatable research tools.
- Provides leadership in the preparation of summary reports and research results, including written explanations of methods and results, tabular and graphic displays of data, and documented computer code supporting repeatable research.
- Collaborates in database design and management of clinical trials.
- Develops, establishes schedules, and monitors quality of clinical trial data for a portfolio of trials on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with other senior staff in the division in the development and improvement of the computer system and oversees implementation of data entry, data quality, and reporting facilities.
- Maintains Division records, reports, and files as required.
- Documents computer programs and electronic databases.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending meetings, and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Master's Degree in statistics, biostatistics or a closely related field.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 3-5 years experience in biostatistical consulting and analysis.
- Strong statistical programming skills in R. Strong knowledge of literate programming and repeatable research tools, such as Sweave, knitr, and latex/MiKTeX using RStudio. Experience working with R packages for graphics (e.g. ggplot2 and lattice).
- Experience with graphics, spreadsheet and word-processing software in a windows environment.
- Biostatistics, Statistics, or closely related field.
- Ability to interact productively as part of a research team.
- Ability to take responsibility for electronic management of a defined collection of research data. Foster and promote a positive image and professional appearance.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top