In conjunction with a Ph.D. level statistician or independently, works with investigators in specifying projects and analyzing results. Performs statistical analyses of study data independently or in collaboration with a Ph.D. level Biostatistician, as appropriate. Generates ad hoc reports and writes programs for scheduled or user-generated reports. Develops statistical analysis plans and works with investigators to specify case report forms. Assists in the development of the computer software for the Division and in carrying out clinical research projects. Serves as a resource for other statisticians and staff in the division.
- Consults with PIs and senior statisticians on various research projects as assigned, including collaboration on grant and manuscript preparation.
- Independently programs statistical analyses using a variety of statistical software packages.
- Collaborates on research projects, relating statistical methods to medical or biological sciences.
- Collaborates in the design, quality control, analysis and reporting of research protocols.
- Provides leadership in the preparation of summary reports and research results, including written explanations of methods and results, tabular and graphic displays of data, and documented computer code supporting repeatable research.
- Collaborates in database design and management for projects as assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for monitoring data quality in a portfolio of protocols or a defined segment of a research database.
- Collaborates with other senior staff in the division in the development and improvement of the computer system and oversees implementation of data entry, data quality, and reporting facilities.
- Trains and assists in the orientation of new statistical staff.
- Develops, establishes schedules, and monitors status of special projects on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains Division records, reports, and files as required.
- Documents computer programs and electronic databases.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending meetings, and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Master’s Degree in statistics, biostatistics or a closely related field.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 3-5 years experience in biostatistical consulting and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of statistical software, including R, SAS, as well as database tools such as SQL queries, and tools and practices for repeatable research, such as Sweave and LaTeX.
- Experience with graphics, spreadsheet and word-processing software in a windows environment.
- Biostatistics, Statistics, or closely related field.
- Ability to interact productively as part of a research team. Ability to take responsibility for electronic management of a defined collection of research data. Foster and promote a positive image and professional appearance.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top