Programs and summarizes statistical analyses of data from clinical research projects within the Cancer and Aging Center under the guidance of a Ph.D. level Biostatistician. Assists in the development of programs and databases using computer software to facilitate the conduct of the research studies within the Center.
- Consults on various research projects as assigned under supervision of a Ph.D. Biostatistician.
- Programs statistical analyses using statistical software packages.
- Collaborates with department personnel on research projects, relating statistical methods to medical or biological sciences, in particular under epidemiologic and observational study settings.
- Participates in the design, quality control, analysis and reporting of research protocols within the Medical Center and the Beckman Research Institute.
- Prepares summary reports of results and analytic methods, including tabular and graphic displays of data.
- Develops, establishes schedules, and monitors status of special projects on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in database design for projects as assigned.
- Participates in the development and improvement of the database system and oversees activity related to data entry.
- Maintains department records, reports, and files as required.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reviewing current literature, attending inservice meetings, and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Master’s Degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a closely related field. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements. PhD is preferred.
- One year experience in biostatistical consulting and analysis, preferably in epidemiologic and observation study settings. Experience with behavioral studies is a plus.
- Experience with graphics, spreadsheet and word-processing software in a windows environment is preferred.
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of statistical software packages including SAS and MS Access and other advanced applications.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top