Associate Systems Analyst - Epic
Design, build, and test an assigned Epic module. Maintain documentation of business and system configuration requirements. Configure the Epic software according to decisions made by SMEs such as templates, drop-down boxes and pick lists. Complete assigned team tasks as documented in the work plan. Report status of task completion to assigned Team Lead. Provide timely alerts about endangered milestones and deliverables.
The candidate will fill one of the following Epic modules/teams:
Ambulatory (clinic) Health Information Management
Network & Devices Reporting & Business Intelligence
Beacon (oncology) ADT (admission, discharge, transfer)
Willow (pharmacy) Cadence/Prelude (scheduling)
Data Conversion & Cutover Integration & Security
Beaker (lab) Inpatient Orders
ASAP (emergency room) Inpatient Clinical Documentation
Bridges (HL7 and XML interfaces) Clinical Content
OpTime (operating room) Cupid (cardiology)
Anesthesia Hospital Billing
Radiant (radiology) Professional Billing
- Analyzes, develops, configures, tests and implements Electronic Health Record (EHR) software and related analytics on time with minimal supervision.
- Performs system configuration functions using on-line architectural tools with minimal supervision.
- Provides status reports to management when required.
- Attends meetings as required, and participates on committees as directed.
- Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solutions.
- Acts as user liaison between clinical or business departments and Information Systems; providing domain expertise and experience for multiple interacting healthcare departments.
- Works closely with operational stakeholders to properly engineer workflow.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
Skills and Experience:
- Understands strategies, determines business needs, and participates in planning and implementing Epic.
- Works effectively in a high-paced environment.
- Applies knowledge of workflows to implement a system that meets business needs.
- Provides excellent service to both internal and external customers.
- Identifies problem situations and consider all perspectives in terms of scope and consequences.
- Works independently, handle significant responsibility, and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Attends to detail required.
- Demonstrates flexibility, creativity, curiosity, and assertiveness.
- Demonstrates ability to stay organized.
- Demonstrates creativity, integrity, and initiative.
- Communicates effectively with others using a variety of modes and in a complex and varied work environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a team player.
- Demonstrates the ability to promote the effectiveness and accomplishments of the team.
- Helps the organization fulfill its mission and achieve its strategic objective by using critical thinking and problem solving.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirement
- 1-2 years healthcare experience in a technical, clinical or revenue cycle operations role
- Certification in relevant Epic module is required for consideration.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 1-2 years of healthcare Information Technology experience
- Healthcare experience in other acute care settings preferred as well. Previous experience in the design, planning and implementation of clinical information systems preferred.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top