Associate Systems Admin
Associate Systems Admin is primarily responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining Enterprise Operating Systems. Tuning and patching systems for optimum performance and security. Administer user accounts (create, unlock, delete, grant permissions). Keep servers “compliant” per policies to include backup and disaster recovery requirements, anti-virus protection, and implementing system security. Migrating or upgrading systems, where applicable. Responding to system failures promptly to bring applications back online. Experience with Enterprise class operating systems. Ability to effectively multi-task and successfully manage enterprise level projects. Must exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Ability to work independently.
Main Responsibilities Includes:
- Experience with Enterprise Class Server to include the build, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Addressing, service requests
- Routine sever maintenance (firmware, failures, hardening, etc.)
- Server consolidation.
- Knowledgeable of hardware and software troubleshooting methods.
- Maintain enterprise technologies
- Troubleshoot operating systems and applications using OS-based, resource kit, and third-party tools
- Utilize enterprise tools to manage, monitor and secure large enterprise data center environments
- Analyze failures to minimize outages and interruptions
- Experience performing server systems administration
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Proven experience with enterprise class hardware from major OEM Vendors (Dell, IBM, HP, Oracle etc.)
- Experience working with 32/64-bit based hardware
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Participate in on-call rotation support for customer impacting issues that occur on evenings and weekends.
- Must have excellent written and communication skills
- Other duties as assigned and as technology needs evolve
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
Minimum Experience: 1 – 2 years experience
Minimum of one Certification must be obtained within 18 months:
- Win 2003
- Win 2008
- Win 2012
- Win 2012
- Win 2003
- Win 2008
- FC Tec
WHY CHOOSE CITY OF HOPE?
- One of only 45 comprehensive cancer centers, the highest designation bestowed by the National Cancer Institute
- Ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” in cancer by US News & World Report
- We value workplace diversity and are committed to the training and development of our employees
- We offer a comprehensive benefit and total rewards package
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. *LI-DA | *CB-DA
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top