Associate Research Professor
Job Title: Associate Research Professor: Biostatistician, Leukemia Center
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ&tm;s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
Non-tenure track faculty appointment to support clinical trials and pre-clinical research in the newly created Hematology Institute: Leukemia Center. Joint appointment in Hematology Institute and Biostatistics in the Research Professor series, rank consistent with qualifications and experience. Supervisor: Joycelynne M. Palmer, PhD.
- Doctorate in applied biostatistics/statistics or similar field.
- Experience in designing and analyzing clinical trials, including co-authoring grant proposals, protocols and peer-reviewed publications.
- Ability to support broad pre-clinical research.
- Excellent computing skills and a publication record documenting both self-directed and collaborative research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple collaborations.
- Experience in Hematology or Oncology.
- Experience analyzing biomarker data.
- Knowledge of clinical trials designs incorporating biomarkers.
- Ability to write efficient programs in R and/or SAS
Contribute to Hematology Institute/Leukemia Center research agenda through independent and collaborative research resulting in presentations and publications.
The incumbent may also perform some or all of the following responsibilities:
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top