Associate Data Quality Analyst
Requisition ID: 9696
Job Title:Associate Data Quality Analyst
City of Hope's mission is to turn hope into reality. Focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses, City of Hope has established itself as a world-class leader in transforming the future of health. Raising the philanthropic resources to fuel its leading-edge research, its exquisite and compassionate clinical care, and its advancement of biomedical education and training, is a vital component of the City of Hope model of success. Each member of the Office of Philanthropy is a stakeholder in this work, with personal accountability for his/her role in building a successful future of delivering new cures, treatments and education.
The Office of Philanthropy's vision is to support this life-saving work by being known institutionally and nationally as a model of excellence among elite fundraising programs. Recent recruitments of nationally and internationally renowned faculty offer advancement leaders new opportunity for partnership among philanthropy, research and patient care.
Under the supervision of the Sr. Manager, Information Solutions, the Data Quality associate analyst will support and implement data management policies and procedures to help ensure the fundraising success of the philanthropic program. The incumbent, will execute strategies that support the shared vision of thePreparing Our Peopleinitiative. This effort includes supporting the Philanthropy team to realize our goal of excelling as a highly collaborative, efficient, and creative team. The Data Quality associate analyst will help implement a cultural adherence to personal accountability, shared success, and a commitment to professional growth.
The Data Quality associate analyst is part of City of Hope's Prospect Development Office within the Office of Philanthropy. This position is responsible for data management according to the Data Quality Improvement Program standards set by Information Solutions within the Office of Philanthropy at the City of Hope. The specialist ensures that the most critical data is entered into the fundraising CRM and online fundraising applications accurately and within compliance with regulatory requirements from IRS, PCI, HIPAA, industry best practices and according to the Office of Philanthropy data standards.
AccessHope CRM is one of the main repository's of data for City of Hope's Philanthropic Institutional Memory. As such, it is one of our highest valued assets and great care must go into ensuring that it contain reliable, robust, accurate, accessible and secure data. The Data Quality associate analyst is instrumental in helping to implement and promote a data driven culture across the Office of Philanthropy through close partnership and collaboration with colleagues in Prospect Development and the Office of Philanthropy at large. Through data management and acquisition, the Data Quality Specialist deepens City of Hope's insitutional memory which in turn helps to play a vital role in helping the Office of Philanthropy meet its goals for prospecting, fundraising, donor engagement and communications .
Key Responsibilities include:
- Identify and implement best practices for maintaining biographical and demographic information in City of Hope's fundraising CRM and online fundraising applications.
- Proactively identify, collect, and enter into CRM, data that will ensure we can successfully segment, analyze, codify, predict, and model that data as per the needs of the Office of Philanthropy and Senior Leadership
- Ensure that the data in CRM is accurate, robust, reliable, accessible and secure
- Ensure optimal health of the CRM system
- Lead the elimination of duplicate accounts within Philanthropy fundraising applications by deleting and merging accounts as necessary.
- Review and correct data from internal and external sources. Track all to identify data errors.
- Enforce processes for accountability related to Data Quality Improvement Program
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Prospect Development team and teams across the Office of Philanthropy
- Seek creative, out of the box, solutions with business partners related to the tracking and entry of data.
- Adhere to established data management service level agreements
- Update department operational manual, instructions and procedures, as needed.
- Lead in the identification of processes that require improvement within the Data Quality Specialist purvue and participate in the resolution and improvement tasks for those identified processes
- Assists in the completion and assignment of updates identified through reports, queries or mailings, as assigned
- Provides weekly updates on the data/dashboards to leadership on Data Quality Improvement Program
- Evaluates automated systems for Data Quality Improvement Program and databases to proactively improve efficiencies
- Facilitates and leads the discussion around creation of new metrics and modifications of existing metrics to identify performance improvement opportunities, and meet regulatory requirements
- Participate in the design, development, and database management for performance improvement
- Participates in user acceptance testing for system changes or enhancements that directly affect department's centralized processes
- Work on special prospect as assigned by the Sr. Manager of Information Solution.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- High School or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set priorities and complete projects within specified timeframes.
- Must be able to work well under the pressure of deadlines, be able to handle several projects simultaneously, and be able to shift priorities as needed.
- Must have impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to deal with confidential matters with tact and sensitivity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Strong self-motivation, initiative in follow up, problem solving and analytical skills, and a drive to meet set goals
Preferred Education and Skills:
- BA/BS in healthcare, business or IT related field
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies, techniques, and systems
- Experience analyzing high-volumes of data from varying sources; demonstrated familiarly with industry-standard sources of data
- Solid understanding of database concepts and metadata components strongly desired.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud CRM
- Good aptitude with figures and ability to operate a ten-key adding machine by touch; type 45 WPM
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
ITS Administrative Services Manager
Always working on-the-go, Eleana organizes vigorous meeting schedules for City of Hope’s CIO and ITS executives—attentively guiding work flow to keep projects on target.
Back to top