Assoc Director, CorpRealEstate
The Associate Director, Corporate Real Estate is involved in all aspects of Corporate Real Estate Department operations. The department is responsible for the management, acquisition and disposition of all City of Hope owned and leased real property and other interests, which are located throughout the United States. The Associate Director provides business management and real estate expertise to a broad scope of services provided by the department and supports all team members by performing a wide range of duties, functions and responsibilities.
- Draft, review, analyze and prepare transaction documents for leasing, managing, and/or disposing of real estate and other assets in which City of Hope has an interest.
- Manage, lease, monetize and dispose donated real estate properties.
- Lead the department’s role in employee mortgage loan assistance program. Oversee collection of problem notes receivable.
- Locate target properties for potential acquisitions, contact owners and negotiate terms and conditions.
- Work with fiduciary representatives of estates such as trustees, executors and attorneys to ensure that transactions are completed efficiently and timely.
- Perform lease administration functions including but not limited to rent and other bill payments, lease abstraction, filing and organizing records in both hard and soft copy formats, managing facilities-related projects, tenant improvement projects, complex rent and CAM calculations, reconciliations, rent collection, and communications with landlords and occupants.
- Draft, process, and manage vendor contracts, purchase orders (PO’s), requisitions, capital expenditure authorizations (CEA’s) and voucher requests using COH systems including but not limited to Oracle ERP and MediTract
- Track and pay real property taxes for City of Hope properties. Conduct ongoing evaluations of property taxes to determine whether a property qualifies for an exemption or a reduction.
- Record deeds and various real estate documents with the County Recorders’ offices as needed.
- Assist and support all department team members in a variety of roles, functions and duties, some of which are clerical, secretarial and administrative in nature, others of which required specific, professional knowledge and expertise.
- Develop and implement policy, procedural and process improvements, both internally and in collaboration with other key stakeholders.
- Interface with Philanthropy staff regarding space management and lease negotiations. Secure buyers for the disposition of COH owned properties throughout the United States including but not limited to real estate, partnerships, oil rights and cemetery plots.
- Interact with landlords of all COH leased properties throughout the United States to conduct lease or extension negotiations and resolve various tenant / landlord issues.
- Create executive-level MS PowerPoint presentations.
- Develop, maintain and manage projects and budgets using MS Project.
- Serve as Notary Public for department and enterprise.
- Manage tenant improvement and related projects for COH owned, off-campus properties.
- Perform and supervise property management of our student housing portfolio.
- Communicate with city and government officials regarding easements, licensing agreements and entitlements.
- Conduct and support space planning and programming activities for the enterprise.
- Create and maintain MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Project and analyze budgets for multiple cost centers; track and forecast revenues and expenses.
- Work with External Contacts: Brokers, Attorneys, Landlords, Tenants, Property Managers, Title & Escrow Officers, Investors, Contractors, Engineers, Government Officials and Agencies, Donors, Charities, Trustees, Asset Managers, Consultants, Vendors, etc.
- Prepare professional-quality documents including but not limited to letters, notices, memoranda, contracts, and maps.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of work experience with recent commercial and/or corporate real estate experience. Legal experience in transactions considered
- Real Estate and property law experience
- CCIM; state bar admission; California notary public
- MS Project experience; Oracle or other ERP system experience; highly motivated and energetic career-driven professional
- Experience with MS Office; Oracle ERP; CoStar; MS Project; MS Visio
Preferred Education and Skills:
- J.D. and/or M.B.A. strongly preferred; M.H.A., M.P.A. preferred; other advanced degrees considered
- Commercial real estate transactions; zoning; charitable gifts; wills & estates; real estate finance
- Commercial real estate brokerage; commercial property management; previous corporate real estate; healthcare/hospital; budgetary responsibility; supervisory/management; legal practice; nonprofit; Oracle ERP; commercial leasing; lease management; construction; project management
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top