Assistant Research Professor
Requisition ID: 8216
Job Title: Assistant Research Professor
Assistant Research Professor in Biostatistics
City of Hope is recruiting an experienced statistician for a non-tenure track faculty appointment to support clinical trials and pre-clinical research in the newly created Hematology Institute. This will be a joint appointment in Hematology and Biostatistics in the Research Professor series, at a rank consistent with qualifications and experience.
- Doctorate in applied biostatistics/statistics or similar field.
- Experience in designing and analyzing pre-clinical studies, clinical trials, including co-authoring grant proposals, protocols and peer-reviewed publications.
- Ability to support broad pre-clinical research.
- Excellent computing skills and a publication record documenting both self-directed and collaborative research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple collaborations/deadlines.
- Experience in Hematology or Oncology.
- Experience analyzing biomarker data.
- Knowledge of clinical trials designs incorporating biomarkers.
- Ability to write efficient programs in R and/or SAS
- Development of novel statistical methodologies;
Generally, the successful applicant will contribute to Hematology Institute research agenda through independent and collaborative research resulting in presentations and publications.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Back to top