Specializes in the design and architecture of complex applications and extremely proficient in education application integration and development. Convert abstract concepts into viable solutions using existing applications as well as new technology techniques and tools. Focused nearly exclusively on extremely complex projects, providing support as needed. Considerable expertise in a variety of technologies, including industry tools not currently being used at COH.
Ability to architect systems end-to-end (e.g. server to client). Understand how different systems operate, their possible integration points and how to connect them. Broad knowledge of various education and development technologies/methods and when to best use them.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) with various stakeholders (including customers, ITS personnel, vendors, etc.).
- Keep current with education and IT industry standard technologies and development methods necessary to build enterprise grade, scalable systems.
- Participate in education application design and architecture discussions and contribute well thought out suggestions, comments, and critiques.
- Expertise in developing, implementing, and maintaining education applications and services both internal and external to COH.
- Develop, maintain, and implement custom education systems and applications.
- Communicate both technical and business aspects of development projects to users and analysts.
- Write application documentation.
- Mentor and train other developers in the current education applications and development processes.
- Exceptional troubleshooting abilities.Act as a technical resource for the team to resolve complex problems.
- Follows department standards in change, release, incident, problem, project, and crisis management.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Education or related, experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Two to three years of experience in software development using Oracle ADF UI or Salesforce, task flows, ADF integration with web services, ADF BC4J, Security, templates, deployments and version control as a developer with business and clinical applications and supporting business partner interfaces. Strong understanding of UI design.
- Knowledge of .NET (3.0+) (C# or VB) and working experience with MS SQL and relational databases.
- Strong understanding of hardware and networking topics. Experience using JDeveloper, Eclipse and VisualStudio to support development needs. Understanding of modern design patterns
- Oracle Web Center or Salesforce Developer, Microsoft Certified Architect or equivalent (preferred).
Participation in user interface. Formulate and track detailed project schedules and estimates. Maintains a professional and positive image in working with department personnel and other City of Hope employees. Must have strong analytical skills. Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills.
Ability to organize complex thoughts, requirements and data. Ability to perform expert level design, programming and testing. Use tools as appropriate in course of development and production support assignments.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top