Administrative Program Coordinator
Energetic self-starter with Grants experience. Supports the development of a multi-disciplinary, site-specific cancer program and its clinical and translational research operations. In collaboration with Program Leader(s), Department Chair, and COH administrative leadership, facilitates and coordinates the program development activities across the division and institution. The Coordinator is the central administrative liaison between the program and all COH departments and resources.
- Coordinates clinical research projects via facilitating operational and administrative tasks and acting as program liaison for sponsored research, clinical trials office, IRB, and other relevant offices by ensuing deadlines are met, documentation is complete and timely, developing necessary project budgets and providing writing and editing assistance.
- Coordinates data management activities via facilitating operational and administrative tasks and acting as program liaison for Information Sciences and other relevant offices by providing necessary documentation and effectively communicating data needs.
- Creates agendas for business meetings with Marketing, Development, Finance and other relevant City of Hope personnel integral to the Program’s business operations. Ensures resulting action items for ongoing and new projects are fulfilled as key member of project(s) team.
- Coordinates basic, clinical and/or translational research meetings and research retreats with relevant physicians, scientists and other research support staff by creating agendas, collecting and sharing appropriate information and reports and ensuring resulting actions items are fulfilled.
- Provides ongoing communication to Supervisor and Administration regarding program development, fulfillment of program goals and information that may impact fulfillment of goals and budgeted targets.
- Coordinates program’s participation in COH internal education programs such as Tumor Board and external educational programs such as CME conferences by drafting agendas, submitting appropriate information to internal and external offices.
- Collects, maintains and tracks relevant measures of program success – clinical trial accrual, grants and manuscripts awarded/submitted, patient volume, finances, quality outcomes etc. in collaboration with other members (disease program support groups/CTO clusters) of relevant programs.
- Maintains current knowledge of all program activities and measures to effectively communicate program status and needs to COH leadership.
- Participates in strategic planning for Program regarding operations, patient care services, research, space and all resource needs in support of program development.
- Works closely with Program Leader(s) in identifying and prioritizing the Programs’ administrative, operational, research and resource needs. Create project and business plans to outline needs and strategies for fulfilling needs.
- Works with the Development Office to support program fundraising efforts by providing relevant and timely information about program successes and providing assistance in developing and reviewing donor proposals and reports.
- Works with Marketing Office to support development of annual marketing plan and advertising plan by providing relevant and timely information about program successes or compelling stories.
- Maintains and updates program specific website in coordination with web marketing team.
- Supports Program Leader/s, OR and nursing leadership in the coordination of multi-disciplinary patient care and research activities.
- Demonstrates an ability to influence others and work collaboratively to ensure projects are completely in timely fashion.
- Demonstrates an ability to work well with individuals at various levels in organization.
- Maintains current knowledge and awareness of organizational and regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Participates in a collaborative, empowered work environment as demonstrated through teamwork.
- Effectively communicates with all customers and team members to meet organizational goals to provide customer satisfaction.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills through attendance and participation in organizational and Program meetings and continuing education activities.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by appropriate and timely use of organizational resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement activities through data collection and/or participation in corrective action plans to continuously improve service delivery.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Preferred.
- Three or more years of progressively responsible experience in an academic medical center or hospital environment, the conduct of health science research or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Foster and promote a positive image and professional appearance
- Grants experience (including provide new grant ideas to Principal Investors)
- Access data in computer database, compile data and statistics
- Excellent verbal communication and telephone skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Possess a high level of administrative and secretarial skills and versatility in use of PC’s and related office software.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Back to top