About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Requisition ID: 13903
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Monrovia, CA
Working with limited supervision, performs diversified, advanced, and confidential secretarial and administrative work. Relieves department head of administrative detail. Uses discretionary initiative & judgment when screening visitors & telephone calls, scheduling appointments & organizing workload to meet established priorities. Requires thorough knowledge of organizational unit policies, personnel and services.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Organizes & expedites flow of work through administratorâ€™s office; initiating follow up action as appropriate.
- Resolves routine and some complex inquiries and fulfills requests from internal & external business contacts using knowledge of division/department & organization policies & procedures.
- Formats, types & edits a variety of complex or technical material, including correspondence, memos, reports, presentations and confidential material.
- Schedules appointments & meetings; coordinates meetings & agenda materials. Makes arrangements for meetings/ conferences/travel for department personnel.
- Prepares & distributes minutes of meetings.
- Establishes, maintains & has frequent access to confidential files, logs & records.
- Assists in planning & organizing special projects.
- May utilize assistance of lower level secretarial or clerical employees on a project basis.
- 2 years post high school trade, business or professional school.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 2-4 years.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top