Requisition ID: 10475
Job Title: Administrative Analyst
Department: Academic Medical Finance
Location: Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
This role is crucial within the organization to assist City of Hope's overall mission. This position performs a variety of professional administrative duties and analysis functions in support of the day-to-day operations for the Clinical Departments. Resolves problems which have a significant impact on the overall goals of the department. Will work closely with the Department Business Managers.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
Minimum Experience: 2-3 years related experience in business administration and administrative analysis.
Requirements: Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Experience (Other): Experience in academic or research environment.
Skills (Other): Display tact/consideration in dealing with City of Hope employees. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational skills. Expertise in establishing and maintaining positive, cooperative working relationships. Foster and promote a positive image and professional appearance
Aptitude (Req./Pref).:Analyze data. Balance figures. Communicate with others to gather information. Compile data. Coordinate requests. Develop office procedures. Document activities. Document programs. Prepare reports. Research information. Troubleshoot problems. Use computer packages
Software: Microsoft products, required. Word Processing applications. Spreadsheet applications
Machines/Equip (Req./Pref.):Calculator. Computer peripheral equipment. Fax. Personal computer. Photocopier. Typewriter.
Working / Environmental Conditions: Atmosphere and environment associated with an office setting. Occasional pressure due to deadline requirements. Occasional to meet deadlines work over 8 hrs.Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries. Pressure due to deadline requirements. Subject to handling multiple tasks simultaneously. Subject to many interruptions. Subject to regularly changing priorities and work assignments. Tobacco-free environment.
Physical Demands: Frequently works at PC involving focused concentration. Mostly sedentary work Occasional standing/walking Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching Moderate to heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.). Reviews written materials requiring high degree of mental/visual concentration. Works at computer tasks involving hand/wrist coordination
Communication: Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills. Foster a positive/professional image
45% Financial Management
- Manage extramural funds, including contracts, clinical trials, grants, gifts, endowments and other forms of financial support
- Manager internal funding sources including AIF, ADF, Salary Saving, endowments and Institutional operational budgets.
- Analyze and prepare financial reports for all funding sources, report variances and provide recommendations as needed.
- Respond to Faculty and Departmental staff with questions regarding expense reports/requisitions/check requests in ERP (which will require being knowledgeable of institutional and extramural funding policies and procedures).
- Create, review and approve requisitions/check request based on signature hierarchy.
35% Research Administrative Support
- Coordinate and assist in the areas of contract and grant administration, proposal development, purchasing, and expenditure control.
- Interpret, monitor, and analyze information regarding operating policies and procedures.
- Process contracts within MediTract as needed, working with vendors, OSR, OTL, Contract Management and legal.
- Assist Business Managers with API/Grant Tracking system submission and reporting personnel time and effort (e.g. TAR and quarterly effort reports).
- Review accuracy of personnel time and effort reporting in ecrt system and work with Business Managers.
15% Department Support
- Assist Business Managers with grant proposals (application, budgets, and any other document needed/necessary).
- Assist in departmental budget development by gathering, analyzing and reporting data and providing projections and recommendations as requested.
- Assist in department business activities, including but not limited to: budget preparation and monitoring, account management, purchasing, personnel, facilities, travel and reporting required by the institution.
5% Other Duties
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Coordinate personnel actions for department staff and/or faculty as requested including but not limited to visa requests and on boarding.
- Participate in short-and long-range planning and policy or program development by analyzing operational policies, resource utilization, etc. and developing recommendations for department management.
The following shared, organization-wide competencies describe the desired behaviors that will facilitate success at City of Hope:
Communication - Expresses ideas clearly and constructively (written and spoken, upward and downward, one-on-one and with groups).
Customer Service - Seeks to understand customer needs and works to exceed customer expectations (internal and external).
Initiative - Looks for opportunities to improve performance; manages time, work, and relationships effectively and efficiently.
Professionalism - Treats others with respect; abides by the institutional values; displays a positive and cooperative attitude; adheres to the workplace Code of Conduct and compliance policies.
Stewardship - Identifies efficiencies to reduce redundancy and/or elimination of tasks resulting in savings of cost, resources, and or/time.
- Teamwork - Works proactively and collaboratively with others to streamline work and achieve mutual goals.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Meet Some of City of Hope's Employees
Sr Prospect Research Analyst
Working within the Foundation and Relations Department, Libby prepares and provides frontline fundraisers with prospective donor profiles—financing City of Hope’s outstanding patient care and clinical research.
Back to top