The City of Fort Worth seeks a Traffic Engineer to be an integral part of the City's Traffic Engineering team. The selected candidate will provide Traffic Engineering services in the areas of plan review, intersection design, data collection and analysis, field studies, citizen response and engagement and will direct and review work of technical staff.
The following education and/or experience are the minimum standards which provide the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering or related field;
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible civil engineering experience of which two years must be in traffic engineering;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas or the ability to obtain within six (6) months. (If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas within six months of employment);
- Candidates must also possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Texas Driver's License;
- Knowledge of the latest versions of the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (TMUTCD), Highway Capacity Manual (TRB HCM 2010), AASHTO Manual for Geometric Designs of Highways and Streets and Microsoft Office;
- Must be able to develop, review and modify complex engineering plans, designs and specifications, attend preconstruction meetings and homeowner and neighborhood association meetings as needed.
Preference may be given for additional education, knowledge, experience and/or certification as it relates to the position including:
- Highway Capacity Software (HCS),
- Engineering analysis tools and studies experience and
- Community meeting experience.
The ideal candidate will also possess enthusiasm to learn, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, be able to interact with consultants, stakeholders, and citizens, be results focused, be able to prioritize, pay attention to detail and have excellent communications skills.
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top