Temporary Survey Technician
The City of Fort Worth Water Department has a Temporary Survey Technician job available. You will be responsible for capturing the GPS coordinates on roughly 250,000 water meters and verify if there are lead water service lines.
Temporary Survey Technicians will start in the inner city, or inside Loop 820, which is believed to have the highest concentration of the city's older homes and walk from meter to meter while storing the GPS coordinates. You will also be responsible for digging below the dirt to confirm if any lead service lines exist and determine which side the meter is located on.
Temporary Survey Technician job duties include:
- Perform field and construction surveys for the installation of infrastructure including streets, roads, drainage facilities and water and sewer facilities
- Collect, research and prepare data for use by field survey teams which include project numbers, location data, horizontal/vertical control data, grade, map plans and specifications
- Check survey field note and data collector files for accuracy, content, format and edit data as needed
- Prepare supplies and equipment for daily assignments and ensure field equipment is cleaned and maintained per requirements
Temporary Survey Technician requirements:
- High school diploma/GED supplemented by specialized training in surveying or a related field one year of responsible surveying experience required.
- Valid Texas Driver's License
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top