Temporary Office Positions
The Temporary Pool is an employment program, run by Human Resources, made up of employees who perform temporary office or administrative duties (i.e. HR/Payroll/Purchasing) as assigned in various locations throughout the City of Fort Worth.
Potential candidates work a maximum of 29.5 hours per week in a six (6) month assignment and can be reassigned for an additional six months but are limited to working less than 1,560 hours in a calendar year.
- Temporary office/administrative positions are generally opened in order to:
- Make up for staffing shortages.
- Provide additional help in times of emergency.
- Assist in completing time-sensitive projects.
- Perform work that does not justify creating a permanent position.
- Perform short-term projects or work.
Here are some of the key responsibilities:
- Telephone Coverage
- Greeting and directing customers
- Handling mail
- Updating manuals and data entry
- Coordinating mass mailings or special projects
The rate of pay for this position ranges from $11.81 - $18.44 per hour depending on the level of the position. Temporary workers have the benefit of applying for the City's internal vacancies after six (6) months of service. This, however, does NOT guarantee permanent employment with the City of Fort Worth. Temporary Pool positions do not include benefits.
In addition to applying for this position, all applicants must complete the required computer skill testing at the Human Resources office. The Human Resources office is located on the lower level at 1000 Throckmorton Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102. Our phone number is 817-392-7750 if you need more information, but you do not have to schedule an appointment in order to do the testing. You can arrive any day Monday thru Friday between 9am and 3pm.
This position is Open Until Filled and therefore does not have a Closing Date.
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top