Sr. Project Manager
The City of Fort Worth is the 15th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
Transportation Public Works
The City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works Department's Capital Delivery Division is seeking a qualified Sr. Professional Engineer to serve in the capacity of a Senior Project Manager to lead teams comprised of engineering consultants, inspectors, and graduate engineers in the management and execution of complex and dynamic infrastructure projects including: streets, traffic safety improvements, water/sewer lines relocations, paving, drainage, street lights, signals, bridges, sidewalks, railroad crossings and streetscape infrastructure improvements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing project management and professional civil engineering work to deliver mobility infrastructure projects as listed previously, while coordinating with a variety of stakeholders to deliver projects on schedule and on budget. Tasks will include managing scope, schedule, budget and contracts both professional and construction, performing construction management, reviewing plans and specifications, conducting design review meetings, processing amendments, change orders and task orders, reviewing and approving payment requests, while utilizing city of fort worth software/systems and processes to track project progress.
Other duties involve assisting in the development and growth of younger engineers as well as providing input to executive leadership in the enhancement of our city processes and creation of work instructions.
The ideal candidate must be able to work within very tight time constraints, and have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, the ability to work independently under the direction of an Engineering Manager; and possess good oral and written communication skills.
Preferred candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience with the activities of:
- Comprehensive capital project delivery program in design, construction, inspection and close out.
- Contract administration of street, stormwater systems, traffic safety, intersection improvements including roundabouts, water and wastewater facilities projects.
- High expertise in the application of Federal, State and Industry standards and guidelines such ASSHTO, MUTCD, ITE trip generation guide, ADA and NCHRP report 672.
- PTOE (Professional Traffic Operations Engineer) certified is preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in street design and preparing contract documents.
- Understanding of the PMBOK, an industry-recognized project management standard (PMP certified preferred)
- Demonstrated success in capital project delivery from initiation to close-out.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all project management disciplines (scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, communication, etc.)
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point skills.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field.
- Three (3) years of professional civil engineering experience as a registered professional engineer.
- Two (2) years must relate to capital improvement, street construction projects and/or infrastructure design/review of private development projects.
- Possession of registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer within the State of Texas within six months of employment.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid Texas Driver's License.
Back to top