Sr Professional Engineer
The City of Fort Worth seeks an experienced civil engineer to supervise employees responsible for traffic engineering activities that include data collection and analysis as well as development and plan review.
The Senior Professional Engineer provides direct support to the Engineering Manager and will assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, goals and objectives; monitor work activities; make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures; continuously monitor and evaluate the quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of development review through the use of performance measures and manage projects as needed. Additionally, the Senior Professional Engineer will solicit and manage professional services; conduct investigations and operational studies; and recommend modifications to operational programs, policies and procedures as appropriate.
The following education and/or experience are the minimum standards which provide the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field and three years of professional civil engineering experience as a registered professional engineer of which two years must be within or related to Traffic Engineering.
- Possession of registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer within the State of Texas within six months of employment.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid Texas driver's license.
Preference may be given for additional education, knowledge, experience and/or certification as it relates to the position:
- Knowledge of and expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
- Municipal Government experience
- Traffic Engineering Operations and Safety Programs experience
- Knowledge of the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Community meeting experience
- PTOE certification
- Transportation Planning experience
- Performance measurement experience
- Office management abilities
- Budget management experience
- Supervisory experience
- Traffic Analysis Tools: Synchro, AutoCad, MicroStation
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communications skills
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top