Sr. Peoplesoft Functional / Technical Analyst
The Sr. Peoplesoft Functional/Technical Analyst provides HRIS business analysis services to CFW. Conducts business process analysis, needs assessments, enterprise analysis, and preliminary cost/benefits analysis in an effort to align information technology solutions with City business initiatives. Prepares system and program specifications and requirements. Works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, information systems, and other technology initiatives. The Sr. Peoplesoft Functional/Technical Analyst understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and works with others to recommend and implement solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. The Sr. PFT performs special projects and initiatives as requested by management and may perform supervisory tasks as designated by HRIS.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
- Receives direction from HRIS Manager
- Will provide direction and mentor staff performing Time and Labor and Absence functions.
- May exercise technical and functional supervision to lower level staff, whether as part of a matrixes organization or administratively.
- Works with business process owners and various stakeholders to elicit, document, analyze, validate, and communicate requirements using established methods and tools for new and/or existing technology initiatives.
- Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, consolidates low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and to deliver business planner artifacts as needed. Coordinates and communicates with stakeholders, management staff and vendor staff on project issues and status.
- Develops requirements specifications according to standard templates. Works with Project Managers and HR staff to document requirements and business process flow. Responsible for managing the requirements through the life of the project.
- Works with appropriate IT and HRIS staff to incorporate/implement new developments as appropriate.
- Performs all duties related to T&L including running nightly processes (Monday night) of payroll week.
- Directs departmental and citywide projects. The Sr. BP may be required to perform the duties of both project manager and business planner on the project assigned. He or she will manage the goals, scope, budget, resources, communications, risks, and schedules of the projects assigned if needed.
- PeopleSoft HCM including Time and labor/Absence
- Gathering and documenting business requirements
- Writing functional and technical design specs
- Project Management
- Coordinate user acceptance testing, managing incidents and defects.
- Recommend and develop metrics in support of QA testing initiatives.
- Effectively manages all aspects of client interaction to ensure business requirements are met while maintaining scope control and SDLC requirements
- Apply strong project management skills utilizing industry standard methodologies to define the strategies, scope, plans, schedules, resources, risk, cost, and documentation of solutions.
- Business process mapping or re-engineering
- Interact with others using strong, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Actively listen and interface with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Exhibit strong capabilities in grasping and documenting business issues
- Exhibit professionalism, honesty, integrity, respect for individuals, and teamwork
- Display a high degree of initiative, energy, dedication, and innovation on a consistent basis to follow through on city initiatives
- Analyze and solve business problems
- Research, analyze and evaluate new information technology methods and techniques
- Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, laws and regulations
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; able to develop positive relationships with all levels of the organization and interact professionally with a diverse group
- Maintain the abilities that permit
- making observations
- communicating with other
- reading and writing
- operating assigned equipment.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include: sitting for extended periods of time, working closely with others, and operating assigned equipment
- Coach and mentor less experienced business planners
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, using industry standard project management tools
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Public Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Programming, Computer Technology or a related field.
- Six (6) years of business analysis experience
- Possession of an appropriate, valid Driver's License
- PMP, CBAP or other Business Analysis certification is preferred.
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top