Sr Maintenance Worker
Do you possess a Class "A" driver's license or the ability to obtain a valid "Class A – CDL" driver's license with tank endorsement? If so the City of Fort Worth TPW Stormwater Operations is seeking first responders in severe weather emergencies with your skill set! Applications will be accepted without the tank endorsement; however, a tank endorsement must be obtained within 90 days of hire if selected for hire.
Candidate must have High School diploma/GED and three years general maintenance and/or construction experience.
Must pass City of Fort Worth (DOT) Medical Exam, HPE physical, drug screen and background verification.
Candidates must have flexible working hours; capable of working four (4) ten hour shifts. This position is a first responder in severe weather conditions/emergencies which requires working overtime and/or compensatory time. This position consists of equipment operations and manual labor duties as they relate to maintenance operations.
When assigned to Stormwater Operations preference may be given for additional education, knowledge, experience and/or certification as it relates to the position.
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience with Vactor operations:
- Pulling and hooking up high pressure hoses.
- Operating the Vactor.
- Assist in cleaning storm drains and pipes.
- Have the ability to crawl into pipes and inlets that range from 18" diameter and up.
- Assist in identifying and repairing, if necessary, storm lines, manholes and inlets; also, required to input data into a work order management system.
- Applicants with basic computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office
- Channel or drainage maintenance
- Confined space
- Traffic control
- Repairing and/or cleaning inlets or pipes
- Working with high pressured hoses
- Hand tools such as shovel, pick and sledge hammer
The prospective candidate will be required to work in severe weather conditions and provide assistance to Stormwater emergencies, including flooding. Other elements include working with machinery, around moving vehicles/objects, exposure to grease and oils, fumes from fuel and exhaust, vibrations, noise; some work in or with water.
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top