Skilled Trades Technician I
Skilled Trades Tech 1
Fort Worth Convention Center- Fort Worth, TX
Do you like being mobile; working with your hands, having various hours as opposed to the standard 8-5, and not having to work in a traditional setting? The Fort Worth Convention Center is seeking an individual to monitor, maintain and adjust building temperature for customer comfort in the assigned trade (HVAC and Building Equipment Operator) area of responsibility to establish and follow a preventative maintenance schedule for equipment and to provide technical support to the assigned supervisory personnel.
Why you want to work at the Fort Worth Convention Center:
- Great People – a great team to work with.
- Work that matters – The Skilled Trade Tech 1 plays an important role in making sure all temperatures for clients are comfortable. As a Skilled Trade Tech 1 you will monitor and observe heating/cooling temperatures for clients comfort. Assist in preparing assigned facility or rooms for events. Operate the building automated system to maintain/ adjust temperatures throughout the facility. Perform preventive HVAC maintenance throughout the facility (i.e. Change filters, belts, motors, etc.). Monitor and adjust heating equipment as necessary to maintain customer comfort level- (hot water system).
- Knowledge of - Assembly operations, adjustments, and maintenance of heating, air conditioning and ventilation systems. Characteristics of electricity, electric and electronic systems related to heating, air conditioning and ventilation systems. Electrical theory and practice as related to HVAC equipment. Plumbing and plumbing materials used in HVAC maintenance. Candidate will know the proper techniques and uses of a variety of hand tools and power tools. Chillers, boilers, chill water systems, Hot water systems, cooling towers and circulating pumps.
- Great Benefits – including Medical and Dental insurance, Paid Vacation time, Paid Sick time, Paid Bereavement leave, Paid Holidays, Paid Life Insurance, Short Term and Long term disability, Retirement plan and employee discounts offered at various places.
- Important details:
Location – Downtown - Fort Worth Convention Center
The main position is open at the Fort Worth Convention Center however you must be able to work at Will Rogers Memorial Center as required by event and City needs
- Position – Full Time,
The Convention Center is a 24 hour operation and you must be able to work a flex schedule including nights, weekends and holidays to coincide with events held at the facility
- Must have- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Two years' experience in using BAS to control HVAC systems or equivalent preferred
- HVAC Certified or training preferred
- Texas driver's license required
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top