Senior Benefits Analyst
Performs complex work in a variety of professional, technical and analytical related to benefits administration. The Senior Benefits Analyst is responsible for the analysis of benefit plans and programs, including enhancements in design, administration and cost efficiency. Oversees benefit programs, analyses and program development involving the administration and delivery of benefit programs, including vendor service contracts, and provides analytical and technical support as needed. Researches current trends and practices of related to benefits and advices staff of legislation impact to the city's benefit programs.
Acts as project leader on large Benefit studies; lead, plan and review the work of assigned project staff; and interacts with teams to define problems and reach appropriate solutions.
Benefits Analytics: Compiles and analyzes statistical data on benefit programs. Conducts scheduled reporting on benefit plans including but not limited to cost, demographics, and utilization, to facilitate planning and decision-making on benefits programs, plan design, and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. Gathers and reports data on Benefits metrics against predetermined benchmarks. Gathers and provides data for internal or external audits, financial forecasting and to vendors or brokers for analysis. Creates ad-hoc reports as needed.
Budget: Monitor and prepare reports regarding the benefits budget. Analyzes budget data for trends. Report on budgetary issues as needed. Respond to budget requests by upper management.
Plan Design: Work with management, actuaries, and consultant on plan design and pricing strategy.
Assists as needed with implementation of employee programs such as open enrollment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field.
- 3+ years' advanced experience in benefit plan administration and/or analysis.
- Excellent working knowledge of technology and proficiency in the use of spreadsheet, word processing, data management, and presentation applications.
- Excellent organization and time management skills to manage competing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills needed to create meaningful and sustainable statistical reports using Excel. Advanced report writing. Ability to format/report data in a manner that is clear and intuitive for decision makers.
- Strong oral and written skills to prepare comprehensive and clear written documents, presentations and policies.
- Strong organization and time management.
- Skilled in research and analysis.
- Experience with PeopleSoft.
- Experience with developing budget and reporting variances.
- Experience with Request for Proposals, contract development and contract compliance and purchasing process of benefit services.
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top