Project Controls Specialist
The City of Fort Worth currently stands as the 16th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), top five commercial real estate markets (Urban Land Institute), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 City residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer service, mutual respect, embracing the diversity of our communities, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
The City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works Department's Capital Delivery Division is seeking a Project Controls Specialist/Scheduler to perform project control and scheduling activities working closely with project managers and project support staff. This position will coordinate with other project control specialists in the City and report to the Senior Project Controls Specialist in the TPW, Capital delivery Team. This position will:
- Prepare critical path method (CPM) schedules and associated progress reporting, cost reporting and project analysis;
- Develop and maintain baseline and monthly progress schedules for infrastructure capital projects;
- Coordinate with consultants and contractors on development of schedules in accordance with contract requirements;
- Update, monitor, review and perform quality control checks for the accuracy and integrity of the project data.
- Provide Schedule control, Cost control, Earned value reports and prepare general project support reports; and
- Assist the Project Managers in identifying potential concerning project delivery schedules issues and participate in the development of recovery and resolution plans.
- Candidate should be proficient in computer skills Primavera P6, MS Office.
Education & Experience:
Associate's Degree in a related field such as planning, engineering, business administration, finance or public administration and three years of experience working with project scheduling, cost estimating and tracking in a capital project organization or environment.
Candidate must possess a valid Texas Class C Driver's License and an acceptable driving record.
Preference will be given to candidates possessing a Bachelor's Degree with 3 to 5 years of related professional experience in project controls work on infrastructure capital projects, engineering, procurement and construction projects using Primavera P6 software.
Other Knowledge & Skills:
- Diverse experience in streets/arterials, storm water, infrastructure related work is a plus.
- Preferred candidates will have knowledge and practice standard project control principles, project management principles, and earned value management principles.
- Preferred candidate will have the ability to be responsive to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Knowledge and skills using Buzzsaw, SharePoint, and PeopleSoft tools is a plus.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- PMP, PMI, CCPcertifications is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work – Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions.
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top