The City of Fort Worth is seeking a Microbiologist to perform a variety of laboratory tests on water/wastewater, record and process test results as appropriate; ensure compliance with federal laws, state laws and National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP) requirements regarding standards of quality, purity and safety. The successful candidate will be able to perform the following:
Microbiologist job duties include:
- Collect and prepare samples of water, wastewater for analysis; store or transport samples.
- Perform microbiological and chemical analysis and laboratory examinations of water, wastewater, and review data from completed analyses; record and report results accurately and in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepare chemical standard solutions, buffers, and reagents for laboratory tests; assemble, calibrate, and maintain equipment used in laboratory analyses.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining laboratory stock of glassware, chemicals, and related supplies; wash glassware and sterilize equipment as appropriate.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as assigned by supervisory staff or regulatory agencies.
- Isolates and cultures bacteria and microorganisms; prepares and titrates antigens with standard controls; performs gram staining procedures; and examines cultures to determine characteristics and interpret results.
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Medical technology or a related field PLUS two (2) years of responsible laboratory experience required. MS Word, Excel, and Power Point computer skills required. Environmental laboratory experience is preferred.
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top