OPEN - SEPTEMBER 14, 2017 TO SEPTEMBER 22, 2017
LIBRARY PAGE – 1 PART-TIME POSITION AVAILABLE
LOCATION – RIDGLEA BRANCH LIBRARY
The Fort Worth Library is seeking an individual to fill the position of Library Page. This position will provide assistance to the library staff and customers at the various libraries in the Fort Worth area. This position requires the individual to work some nights and weekends.
- Less than a high school diploma/GED
- Requires some nights and weekends.
- Potential candidates work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- No prior experience required.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and alphabet, English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation and basic library services and functions is required.
- Other Requirements:
The successful candidate will have ability to lift and carry materials; ability to stand for long periods of time; ability to stoop, bend, push or pull heavily loaded book trucks. Applicant will sort and shelve library materials in alphabetical, chronological or numerical order; maintain shelved library materials to ensure accuracy and proper placement; and pack, unpack, sort and transport library materials, and check in materials using a computer/sorter. Displaying and taking down flags.
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top