IT Tech Support Analyst II
The Water Department's Business Services Division is seeking to hire an IT Tech Support Analyst II in its Water IT Section to provide full life cycle management and administrative support for the utilities network infrastructure. Primary responsibilities will consist of supporting, configuring, implementing and maintaining network devices and security appliances, perform troubleshooting functions, as well as, assisting with network health assessments, capacity and performance metrics to Water management.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences; demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to thrive in a highly technical and dynamic 24/7 environment; work simultaneously on multiple projects; prioritize tasks and duties; provide support and reporting to management and supervisory staff; is a team player who collaborates well with others; troubleshoot, and perform best practices to support for the Water Department's network, servers, call-center Avaya VOIP, and ancillary systems which enable the department's core business and process control functions.
This position will report to the Infrastructure Manager and is required to participate in a 24/7, 365 day on-call rotational schedule, weekend rotation, and maintain set office hours as well as provide support during non-business hours as needed.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting with implementing, maintaining, & troubleshooting wireless, local & wide-area networks including access points, switches, routers, firewalls, and load balancers
- Implementation and support of the network security infrastructure including firewalls, VPNs and all layers of network security
- Configure and implement network solutions that meet business needs for projects with varying size and complexity
- Assist customers with helpdesk and PC support
- Analyze, and optimize network performance under supervision of management staff
- Experience supporting Data center operations
- Experience supporting Wireless, SSL/VPN – Juniper & Pulse Secure is a plus
- Experience supporting Extreme and Cisco networks
- Experience supporting a VOIP environment – AVAYA is a plus
- Experience supporting firewall and security platforms – Juniper & Pulse Secure is a plus
- Experience supporting of layer 2 & layer 3 switches and routers
- Municipal or local government experience – Water utility experience is a plus
- Asset inventory, desktop and helpdesk operations
- Candidates with Cisco CCNA (or higher), Extreme, Juniper certifications
The following education and/or experience or its equivalent is the minimum standard which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field PLUS two (2) years of responsible experience in information system technical support work such as operating systems, networking, server backup and recovery or related fields.
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top