Field Services Representative
The Meter Services section of the Water Department is seeking dynamic individuals who are eager to learn new skills. The Field Services Representative is an entry level position and is responsible for providing quality in-field customer service and field work with training and compensation opportunities for Class "C" Water License.
Meter Services will provide training on these essential and important responsibilities and duties:
- Read water meters and accurately record consumption
- Conduct thorough field investigations regarding water leaks, high bill concerns, and meter related concerns
- Perform variety of manual tasks including replacing water meters, installing water meters, locking water meters, setting or adjusting meter boxes, repairing water leaks, and replacing cut-off valves
- Provide detail notes on work orders
- Ability to work independently and completing all assigned work orders by end of shift
- Deliver delinquent account notifications to customers
- Ability to read and understand maps to get to customer locations
- Ability to route your own work
- Knowledge and experience with how private plumbing works including irrigation systems
- Required to be on pager rotation for emergency work orders
TCEQ Class 'C' Water Distribution license required within one year of hire for candidates with water utility experience or within two years of hire for no water utility experience. Training will be provided to assist employee in being successful in obtaining license.
High School Diploma or GED certificate PLUS two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in utility repair, installation, or similar experience required.
Position is responsible for driving a City vehicle. Candidate must possess a valid Texas Driver's License and an acceptable driving record.
Candidate must pass a Human Performance Evaluation (HPE) prior to job placement which includes lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds frequently, up to 60 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 108 pounds of force occasionally having to move objects. Must also pass background screening to include drug testing.
Must be willing to work after hours, weekends, and any weather conditions. Overtime available when working on special projects.
Shift Hours: Day Shift 7:30-4:00pm or Night Shift 1:00pm-9:30pm
Plumbing and Mechanical Experience
Oil Field Experience
Work Order System Experience
Utility Franchise (Cable, Oncor, TXU, etc.) Experience
Selected interviewees must pass a computer test (word and excel) as well as a mechanical test
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top