Northside Community Center - 1100 NW 18th St, Fort Worth, TX 76164
Flexible schedule, Hours vary, Required to close facilities some evenings
The City of Fort Worth is recruiting to hire a Custodian for the Neighborhood Services Department, Community Service Division. This position will perform a full range of custodian duties related to the care, maintenance and cleaning of the community center.
The City of Fort Worth Community Centers offers services to children and senior citizens for an assortment of sports and fitness classes, community events, programs for those with disabilities, and an after school program.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, strips and polishes floors including linoleum, tile and hardwood floors. Vacuums and shampoos carpets. Operates cleaning equipment including buffers, sweepers, and scrubbers.
- Dusts and polishes furniture, woodwork, fixtures, and equipment; wash windows, mirrors and walls including window blinds and shutters; cleans and polishes metal fixtures; and, sweeps breezeways.
- Cleans and sanitizes drinking fountains and restrooms; replenishes and maintains restroom supplies including soap dispensers, tissue and towels.
- Moves and stores office furniture and equipment.
- Sets up tables and chairs for varied City meetings upon request.
- Cleans and maintains outside areas; sweeps curbs and collects trash; and, participates in light landscaping activities as required.
- Maintains inventory and orders janitorial supplies. Keeps accurate counts, estimate usage and order supplies.
- Open and close facility; secure all rooms and facility properly.
- Communicate effectively with employees and the general public; respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner.
- Performs other duties as required.
The following education and/or experience are the minimum standards which provide the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position:
A High School Diploma/GED certified and no experience required.
Preference may be given for additional education, knowledge, experience and/or certification as it relates to the position.
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top