The City of Fort Worth, Park and Recreation Department, is seeking a detailed-oriented professional to fill the position of Account Technician in our Recreation division.
Job duties to include:
Receiving, processing, monitoring, and recording financial transactions;
Applying payments, reconciling account balances, and making adjustments as necessary through the use of computer software programs;
Maintaining accurate records of all transactions, and preparing reports as required;
Creating requisitions for annual procurement agreements, monitoring billing for compliance with contractually agreed upon rates, and communicating with vendors regarding discrepancies.
Excellent customer service when answering questions and providing information via telephone, email and in-person to the public, outside agencies, co-workers, other departments and divisions.
The following education, experience, or its equivalent are the minimum standards for this position:
- An Associates degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, or related field; and one (1) year of directly-related technical accounting experience.
- A High School Diploma or GED certification and three (3) years of directly-related technical accounting experience involving customer accounts, billing, and data entry.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
Preference will be given to applicants that have:
- Experience entering budget information.
- Knowledge of the City's purchasing policies and procedures.
- Experience working in BuySpeed Online, Oracle (ERP) Peoplesoft, Oracle (ERP) Financials,
- PaymentNet, Hyperion, ActiveNet, and CLASS software systems.
Meet Some of City of Fort Worth's Employees
Aaron oversees one of the City of Fort Worth’s many community centers, organizing after-school activities, athletics, and summer camp programs for the area’s youth.
Back to top